Subject: Hawaii Witch Hunt Update
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:15:31 -0400

**** Hawaii Witch Hunt Update ****

It has been reported to us that the Air Force is taking steps to investigate
the improper actions taken by the Staff Judge Advocate’s office at Hickam Air
Force Base.  Your calls and letters of concern provided just the push needed
for the military to take action on the groundwork laid by Servicemembers
Legal Defense Network and the targeted servicemembers’ Congressional
representatives.  SLDN will continue to work to ensure that the Air Force
thoroughly investigates the witch hunt of suspected gay troops and takes
steps to prevent it from recurring.  Your expressions of concern are crucial
to having those responsible for the witch hunt held accountable.  The
military must know that citizens across the country are angered by the
violation of "don’t ask, don’t tell, don’t pursue" and are watching the
situation carefully.

Congratulations.  We have their attention, we now have to let them know that
we will not forget about this – so keep those calls & letters going.  Thanks
to everyone and keep up the good work.  Please pass this message on to your
friends who have helped out.  And let us know of any response to your calls
and letters which you receive.

Kirk