Subject: It's not too late ...... Vets Need Help! (fwd)
From: A Jay Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:00:17 -0500 (EST)

A Jay Eddy
[email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 08:38:15 -0500 (EST)

In Cooperation
FORWARDED RELEASE  
                     "We Are One"
           AMERICAN FEDERATION OF VETERANS
          "An Alliance for Equality of Rights"

Please Circulate to Concerned and Interested individuals who can help.
thank you
National President
[email-masked]
*********************************************************************
>From [email-masked] Sat Nov  9 07:31:00 1996
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 23:42:54 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Fwd: Rumor that Clinton plans to appoint Nunn SecDef

---------------------
Forwarded message:
from: Nancy Russell

I have received information from reliable sources in Washington, D.C. stating
that President Clinton is seriously considering appointing Sam Nunn Secretary
of Defense.
I cannot think of anything more insulting to the gay and lesbian community,
which he just courted to help assure his reelection, than for him to appoint
Nunn, the architect of the military's war against gay vets.  It is nothing
short of laughing in our faces for our support of his second term and saying,
" I fooled you again!".  In other words, a proverbial kick in the teeth.  I
find it hard to believe that Bill Clinton could be so insensitive.

As President of National Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Veterans of America,  as
a delegate to the Democratic National Convention, and as a lesbian veteran
who worked for Clinton's re-election, I ask each of you to contact the White
House and use any influence you may have to prevent this mistake from
happening.  Whoever fills this position should be someone who will work to
end discrimination against gays and lesbians in the military.  Neither Nunn
nor Colin Powell fit the bill.

Nancy A. Russell, LTC USA (Ret)
Nat.Pres.GLBVA