Subject: ACTION ALERT: Michigan
From: James Yorton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 11:18:55 -0600 (CST)

** SUMMARY **

Saugutuck, Michigan  is a very popular vacation spot for thousands of
Midwest gays and lesbians each summer.

Legislation which will prohibit discrimination on the basis of
sexual orientation is being addressed again in Saugutuck.

Previous attempts have failed.  However, this time is different.
Local religious leaders from several churches have gone on record as supporting
the measure.  In addition, a 25-page report on gay-straight relations has
been published and is encouraging discussion of this issue.

** ACTION **

Letters to the Saugutuck City Council asking them to pass an ordinance which
prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation are needed.

Write to:

Saugutuck City Council
Saugutuck City Hall
P.O. Box 86
Saugutuck, MI 49453

[ sorry no phone, FAX, or email information is available ]

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________