Subject: Boston Gay Basketball League Announces Tea Party Classic III
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:48:47 -0500

**  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  **

Boston Gay Basketball League Announces Tea Party Classic III

BOSTON, MA  July 17, 2000-  The Boston Gay Basketball League (BGBL)
has announced plans for the return of its annual national gay
basketball tournament, the Boston Tea Party Classic, this year to be
held Columbus Day Weekend, October 7th and 8th at the Reggie Lewis
Center in Boston.  After a year's hiatus, the tournament emerges this
year stronger than ever, with a full complement of teams expected to
join several Boston teams in competition.  In an effort to make the
tournament international, additional energy has been spent inviting
Canadian and European teams as well.

An exciting addition to this year's tournament is an alliance with
the Boston chapter of GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network). 
This organization's mission is to assure that each member of every
school community is valued and respected, regardless of sexual
orientation.  A Friday evening forum and benefit basketball game will
bring together gay and straight athletes, students, coaches, athletic
directors, and community members to foster new cooperation and
understanding.

Teams of all abilities are encouraged to participate in the
tournament.  Registration fees are $350 per team prior to September
1st, $400 after September 1st and before the deadline of September 
22nd.  All teams are guaranteed 4 games, 3 in the round robin pool 
play.  Teams will then be seeded in two divisions, and the single-
elimination final rounds will be played.  Tournament related social 
events are also scheduled throughout the weekend.

For more information, visit the Boston Gay Basketball League web site
at www.bgbl.com or send an email to [email-masked] .  You can also
call the league's hotline at 617-426-4669, or write them at P.O. Box
1159, Boston, MA, 02117-1159.

_____________________________________________________________________

Distributed by GLINN's News Distribution Service at www.gaydata.com,
a division of the Gay/Lesbian International News Network at
www.glinn.com. To be removed, Write: [email-masked]