Subject: LA-NEWS:LEGAL Voter Registration
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 18:26:16 -0400

****************************************************************************

   LOUISIANA ELECTORATE of GAYS AND LESBIANS (LEGAL)
                                    PO Box 70344
                         New Orleans, LA 70172-0344
                                     504/525-7117
                               [email-masked]
                                      Brian Hartig
                                       Exec. Dir.

Louisiana's ONLY statewide non-profit lesbian and gay human rights
                                      organization.

****************************************************************************

Attention!

LEGAL's Voter Registration Drive in New Orleans has been a tremendous
success. 

Every Saturday and Sunday night of July LEGAL volunteers assisted people in
filling out voter registration applications. The applications were then
turned in to the Registrar of Voters Office.

So far, more than 400 people have registered to vote at locations in and
around the French Quarter.

This week-end is LEGAL's last July week-end of the Drive. Considering the
overwhelming turnout and obvious need for this effort, LEGAL will continue
its Voter Registration Drive during selected week-ends in August and
September.

If you would like to volunteer to staff a booth on a Saturday or Sunday
night, contact LEGAL with your request.

LEGAL is also holding its Voter Registration Drive in several cities and
towns around the state. If you would like to get involved in your town,
contact LEGAL to see if a Drive is planned there.

end.