Subject: LEGAL LA G&L Student Groups Conference
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 14:36:05 -0400

****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************

              LOUISIANA ELECTORATE of GAYS AND LESBIANS (LEGAL)
                                PO Box 70344
                         New Orleans, LA 70172-0344
                                504/525-7117
                              [email-masked]
                          
          Louisiana's statewide non-profit lesbian and gay human rights
                               organization.

****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************

Fellow students,
Mark your calendars!
The 2d semi-annual LEGAL Louisiana Gay and Lesbian Student Groups Conference
(LGLSGC) will take place on 13-15 October in Monroe, LA. All glb students are
invited to attend -- whether or not your school has a glb student group.

The conference, being hosted this year by Unity Gays, Lesbians and Friends,
will take place on Monroe's Northeastern Louisiana University campus.

The schedule, although not yet completed, runs roughly as follows:

13 Oct -- *Registration (3:30 - 7:30) outside the Student Union Building
              *Meeting of conference members (8:00) at Hott Shotz bar
              *Fund-raiser (9:00 - 2:00) at Hott Shotz bar

14 Oct -- *Conference Welcome (10:00) at conference location on campus to be
                           announced (Brian Hartig and D'Juan Thomas --
conference facilitators)
              *John Dennison, television anchorperson (KTVE), guest speaker
-- "Gays and                Lesbians in the Media"
              *Group brainstorming sessions
              *Lunch (cold cut lunch provided by Unity GLF -- anyone with
special                dietary requests should notify Unity GLF
              *(Further afternoon sessions to be announced soon)
              *2d annual Monroe Pride Ball (to be held off campus at a
location to be                          announced (Regular ticket cost is
$15/person, $25/couple -- Conference                member cost is $7/person,
$10/couple)

15 Oct -- *Services to be announced
              *Picnic (11:30 until)

Housing will be provided upon request by Unity GLF members. Those wishing to
stay in hotels will be provided rates upon request. Special conference rates
are being requested.

For further information regarding the Conference, send email to:

[email-masked] (Connie Oubre) or [email-masked] (Brian Sims)

or call D'Juan Thomas 318-281-0876

or LEGAL at the address or telephone number listed above.

Please post this message as widely as possible, particularly to students at
colleges and universities without glb groups.
  
end.