Subject: An Alert to Support Documents Project
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 00:49:24 -0400 (EDT)

Aloha Folks,

As most of your already know, Martin Rice on Kauai has maintained a major
project of producing and information network to republish all the articles,
letters to editors, and legal documents that are involved in the battle for
legal marriage in Hawaii.

The GLEA Foundation - Hawaii Gay Marriage Project has benefited greatly from
his personal and professional commitment and involvement with promoting
information and knowledge to our community - whereever it may be - of all
that is transpiring in the media - in press conferences and in opinion pieces
promoted from various vantage points.

Martin has begun a project to create a net source of all the documents that
are being filed on the State's appeal of the 1st Circuit Court victory for
us.  The documents now are more than 900 pages and growing.  The first major
deadline before the potential hearing of arguments is in just a few weeks,
and yet more and more motions and briefs are being filed - for and against
us.

It appears this will be the largest case in terms of documents filed on an
appeal in the history of Hawaii. 

Martin's work to get the documents - to scan them - and to clean up the scans
is monumental and beneficial to all segments of our community that is helping
in the research and promotion of a winning result.

GLEA Foundation has pledged to help Martin's project by soliciting donations
to help defray his personal costs in obtaining the documents.  He is
graciously and laboriously putting them on line and making them available
upon request.  As a community service project, GLEA Foundation can accept
donations for this important and timely project and forward the donations to
cover the receipts for the documents.

We now expect the costs to be $450 - $700 before this round is over.  There
may be other filings after the beginning of arguments or other actions.  It
would be nice to have a little funds available in the liklihood that other
documents will also be filed.

PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR RESOURCES and make a donation today to help in Martin's
Document Project.  Donations are tax-deductible and will be directed soley
for this purpose if you so designate the funds.

Please send donations to:

GLEA Foundation
P.O. Box 37083
Honolulu, Hawaii  96837

Put "documents project" on mem line on bottom of your check if you want it
directed solely to this project.

Super Mahalo (Hawaiian for Thank you)