Subject: Fwd: Ken Terrill Memorial Award call for applications
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:39:39 EST

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:07:49 -0500
From: "Thomas M. Jenkins" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ken Terrill Memorial Award call for applications

David --

Attached is the text of the Ken Terrill Memorial Award announcement that
was posted on campus this week. Thought you might like to make mention
in The Letter. 

Tom

-- 
Thomas M. Jenkins
Information Technology
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: (502) 852-6129
--------------------
                     CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
                                
                   KEN TERRILL MEMORIAL AWARD
                           1999-2000
                                
              APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 20, 1999
                                
The University of Louisville College of Arts and Sciences announces
the 1999-2000 Ken Terrill Memorial Award.  The award will be made
to help defray the college expenses of a U of L undergraduate
student who has demonstrated leadership in or service to the gay,
lesbian and bisexual community of U of L or the greater Louisville
metropolitan area.

Ken Terrill, know by students and faculty alike as "KT," was an
Associate Professor of Theatre Arts at the University for seventeen
years.  He was also a long- time advocate for gay, lesbian and
bisexual students.  He was a faculty advisor for the Gay and Lesbian
Student Unition (GLSU) which later became the Gay, Lesbian or
Bisexual Alliance (GLOBAL) from its inception until his death in
March of 1994.  The award was endowed by KT's family and friends
as a lasting tribute to his commitment to students and the gay,
lesbian and bisexual community.

One or more awards totaling $1000 will be made for the 1999-2000
academic year.

Eligible students may apply by submitting a letter detailing their
involvement in the gay, lesbian and bisexual community.  Two letters
of recommendation should accompany the application.  One letter
must come from a member of the faculty or staff of the University.
A cover page should include the applicant's name, social security
number, current mailing address and phone number.

Deadline for applications is April 20, 1999.  Applications and
letters of recommendation should be sent to Dr. Roselle Taylor,
Assistant Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, University of
Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292.  Questions can also be directed
to Dr. Taylor at (502) 852-6490; Fax: 852-6888.