Subject: Fwd: MCC Louisville Purchases Building
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 19:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Fwd: MCC Louisville Purchases Building
Date:    97-06-27 17:11:32 EDT
From:    GLDUFMCC
To:      Will Nich

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    MCC Louisville Purchases Building
Date:    97-06-22 20:25:40 EDT
From:    Rev Dee

NEWS  RELEASE

For Immediate Release		 Contact:  Rev. Dee Dale, Pastor
								      502-775-6636
								      502-897-3821 (fax)
								      [email-masked]
								      [email-masked]

	(22 June 1997, Louisville, KY)  --  Metropolitan Community Church of
Louisville decided today to purchase Trinity Lutheran Church at 1432 Highland
Avenue.  With 93 present, the congregation voted, with only one nay, to
accept the agreement for purchase negotiated between the Board of Directors
of MCC Louisville and the Council of Trinity Lutheran.
	MCC Louisville is a Christian church for all people with a special outreach
to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered community.  The church is a
part of the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, a
denomination founded in 1968 in Los Angeles, California, which now has over
300 churches in 17 countries worldwide. 
	The 104 year old structure is located in the heart of Louisville's LBGT
community.  Its 9000 sq.ft. include a sanctuary, a fellowship hall with a
full kitchen and steam table, an auditorium with a stage, and office and
classroom space.  The Allen organ, the altar with a bas-relief of Leonardo
DaVinci's The Last Supper, the hand-carved pulpit and baptismal font, pews,
and other accouterments remain with the building.
	The Reverend Dee Dale, Pastor of MCC Louisville, said, "This is an important
day in the life of our church, for we will now be able to facilitate multiple
programming and ministries in this new facility.  At our former location,
such was not possible.  We will also now have adequate space to offer to our
community for meetings and other events.  God has provided us with a
beautiful new home and ministry center."
	MCC Louisville will have the closing worship service at their current
location at 4222 Bank Street on Sunday, 29 June at 11 am, and move into their
new building the following week.  The formal Building Dedication will occur
during the celebration of their 25th Anniversary, 12-14 September, with the
founder and moderator of the UFMCC, the Reverend Elder Troy D. Perry,
presiding.