Subject: Sodomy Recriminalization Up For Vote
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:28:54 -0500

Gays and lesbians nationwide are urged to call the Kentucky state toll-free
number, 1-800-372-7181, or fax:  1-502-564-6543 and ask that the following
message be delivered to Greg Stumbo (Speaker of the House), Jodie Richardson
or Larry Clark, (all Democrats), who are leaders in the Kentucky General
Assembly's House of Representatives.  This floor amendment is going to be
voted on at 4:00 this afternoon, February 13, 1996.  It is a proposed
constitutional amendment that would give the state legislature the power to
recriminalize same-sex sexual activity in Kentucky.  It must then go to the
voters in November before final approval, but this floor amendment is the
first step in the process.

Tell Mr. Stumbo or Mr. Richardson:  "I oppose Floor Amendment 1 to House Bill
219 and urge that you vote against it when it comes up for a vote."

This is a stealth effort.  This amendment has not been debated in the house
or senate and was tossed into the legislative hopper this morning without
warning.

David Williams
Louisville

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 22:08:01 -0500
Subject: Sodomy Vote

The vote on whether to approve a constitutional amendment and send it to the
voters which would recriminalize same-sex sexual activity in Kentucky has
been postponed until Wednesday, February 14.  It must be approved by 3/5 of
the House (59 members).  Chances of passage appear good.

The Kentucky legislature needs to hear from anyone who is concerned about
this blatant intrusion into the right of privacy for Kentucky's gay and
lesbian citizens.  The toll free number that has been set up is
1-800-372-7181.  If you can't get through that way, the fax number is
502/564-6543.

For further information, call the Fairness Campaign in Louisville,
502/893-0788, or the Kentucky Fairness Alliance (Maria Price), at
502/897-1973.