Subject: Gay Bar To Share Profits With AIDS Group
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 17:04:32 -0500

For more information, contact David Williams at 502/636-0935; fax:
 502/635-6469; email:  [email-masked].

SCORE TO SHARE PROFITS WITH AIDS GROUP

The owner of Score, a gay bar that opened in Louisville's Pink Triangle last
summer, has signed a one-year contract with Community Health Trust, Inc.,
that would net that AIDS organization 50% of the bar's net profits beginning
April 1.

A contract was signed by CHT and Michael Flatt, owner of Score and two other
local bars, Tryangles and Teddy Bears, on February 20.

As far as can be determined, Score may be the only gay bar in the country
that has made such arrangements with an AIDS services organization.

"The community gives so much to us," said Flatt during an interview on a
crowded Friday night at Score.  "We didn't feel right not to give something
back."  He added that "It's the right thing to do."

Flatt decided to make his generous offer after learning about funding
shortfalls at CHT, which operates Glade House, a residence for people living
with AIDS.  Possible government cutbacks also worried him.  "I think it's a
shame that CHT and Glade House keep falling behind in their funding," Flatt
says.  "For a community like this, we need to do something."

Flatt couldn't predict how much the contract might be worth to CHT.  The new
bar's clientele has been steadily growing since late last year.

A special party inaugurating the arrangement is tentatively planned for the
evening of Thursday, March 28.  For more information, contact the bar at
502/561-1043.  Score is located on the southwest corner of Floyd and Market
just east of downtown Louisville.

###