Subject: Author Seeks Submissions for AIDS Book
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 19:19:45 -0500

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE FROM KENTUCKY OR SOUTHERN INDIANA WHO HAS DIED OF AIDS?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO COMMEMORATE THEIR LIVES FOR POSTERITY IN A BOOK?

Louisville writer David Williams, writing under his pen name David Walinski,
is currently gathering short biographies, stories, poems, photographs, and
even recipes that were favorites of those who have died of AIDS in Kentucky
and southern Indiana for inclusion in an upcoming commemorative book,
tentatively titled "Distant Porches."

Besides putting a human face to the epidemic, the book will help raise much
needed funds for AIDS organizations throughout Kentucky and southern Indiana.

Although Williams encourages writers to use the real names of their loved
ones, confidences will be maintained if the writer deems it important.  In
all cases, signed releases will be obtained before the book is published.

Williams, who is donating his time and services to the project, can help you
put your thoughts on paper if you wish.

For more information, or to submit your own original work, write to "Distant
Porches," PO Box 4264, Louisville, KY  40204; email:  [email-masked].
 Deadline June 30, 1996.

If your submission is accepted for publication, payment will be made in a
free copy of the book.