From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 18:47:39 -0500

ntatives.

The first is a statute which would provide that: "If any resident
of this state marries in another state, the marriage shall be valid if
valid in the state where solemnized, provided however, that in no case
shall a marriage between persons of the same gender be recognized as
valid."  People should call 1 800 372-7181 on Friday and Tuesday (the day
the bill is scheduled to be voted on) with a message for their House
representative saying that they "oppose House floor amendment 1 to Senate
Bill 68."

The 2nd bill (House Bill 500) provides that "A marriage between members of
the
same sex which occurs in another jurisdiction shall be void in Kentucky,"
and further provides that any marriage between members of the same sex
performed in or out of Kentucky "shall be void."  The Fairness Campaign
is asking that people call the above 800 number with a message for their
House representative that they "oppose House Bill 500."  Calls should be
made Friday or Tuesday.

Similar measures are being debated in more than 18 (perhaps as many as 22)
states nationwide.