From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 00:57:15 -0500

Two articles for consideration.  To be published in the April edition of The
Letter, Kentucky's gay and lesbian newspaper; permission to reprint hereby
granted, with attribution.

SIMON SUPPORTER CHARGED WITH CHILD MOLESTATION

Louisville anti-gay crusader Warren Ford, a supporter of Frank Simon, has
been arrested and charged with several counts of first degree sodomy,
indecent exposure, and first-degree sexual abuse.  He has also been charged
with distributing obscene materials to minors.  Ford allegedly molested as
many as five girls, at least two of whom were only seven years old.

Ford, the father of four, touts the "family values" agenda and is a member of
Southeast Christian Church.  He is also a former columnist for The Liberty
Standard, a right wing newspaper widely distributed throughout the Louisville
metropolitan area.  He ran as a Republican for the 31st House District in
1992 on a conservative platform but lost to the incumbent in a landslide.

Ford has often been spotted with Simon, most recently on the steps of City
Hall in connection with Simon's campaign against the Employment
Nondiscrimination Ordinance ("Fairness Junior") now before the Board of
Aldermen.  Simon was unaware of Ford's alleged criminal activities, and
officials at Southeast Christian were caught offguard by the revelations.

Ford's trial is scheduled for April 4.