Subject: Donations Sought
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:29:35 EST

Do you have duplicate copies of GLBT books or magazines in your basement 
which you don't know what to do with?  Do you have back issues of 
publications which you're thinking of tossing from your closet to make room 
for all that stuff you got from Santa this year?

The Kentucky Gay & Lesbian Library and Archives is interested in hearing from 
you.  The 17-year-old organization boasts over 2000 books, 500+ publication 
titles (consisting of about 7500 individual issues of GLBT publications going 
back to the early 1950s), nearly 500 videotapes, numerous CD's and 
audiotapes, and countless other items such as t-shirts, protest banners, 
posters, buttons, matchbook covers--even swizzle sticks!

Main focus of the library and archives is gay-, lesbian-, bisexual-, and 
transgender-themed publications, but it also boasts a sizeable number of 
feminist books and magazines.

The Williams-Nichols Institute, Inc., the non-profit corporation overseeing 
the collection, is a 501(c)3 corporation organized under US tax laws.  All 
donations are tax-deductible to the full extent accorded by law.  All 
donations are accepted, but if some items turn out to be duplicates, the 
organization reserves the right to sell them for whatever it can get on the 
open market to pay for its ongoing operating expenses.  Cash donations in any 
amount are, of course, always welcomed!

For more information, email us back or contact us at:

David Williams, Director
Williams-Nichols Institute, Inc.
1464 S. 2nd St., #1
Louisville, KY 40208
Phone:  502/636-0935
Fax:  502/635-6469
Email:  [email-masked]