Subject: Action Alert re Des Moines School Board,
From: [email-masked] (Jessea NR Greenman)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 06:24:18 -0700 (PDT)

Des Moines Action Alert reprise, WITH FAX NUMBER NOW!
>From <[email-masked]>
of the Iowa Coalition for Human Rights...

"Calling all individuals interested in civil equality for LGBT individuals
(and that would mean everybody, correct?).

Concerned Parents of Des Moines has offered a petition to the Des Moines
school board requesting that the board rescind the employment
non-discrimination policy which covers LGB individuals. This is the same
group which spear-headed the effort to vote Jonathan Wilson out of his
position on the school board.  This group, using scare tactics common to
religious political extremists, has suggested that the sexual orientation
policy covers pedophiles and child molesters.

An immediate response to their actions is required by all concerned
individuals.  Those who live within the Des Moines public school district
should call school board members requesting they reaffirm the current policy.
John Phoenix, President (H) 515-288-0759
Jacquie Easley (W) 515-245-2194
Jane Hein (H) 515-287-2700
Harold Sandahl (H) 515-277-3357
Liz Goodwin (H) 515-279-0703
Suzette Jensen (H) 515-266-7908
Laura Sands (H) 515-279-3424

Letters to school board members can come from all over the state & should be
sent to:  Board of Education, Central Campus, 1800 Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA
 50309."

**** Peg of the IA Project adds: "The Des Moines school board fax number is
**** 515-242-7579.  It would be great if we could totally tie up their fax
machine tomorrow (Tuesday the 26th).  That is the day we are presenting
signatures on *OUR* petition.  It would be a great news story if we tied up
the fax machine all day."

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
OK TO RE-POST.  Jessea Greenman <[email-masked]>
The P.E.R.S.O.N. Project (Public Education Regarding Sexual Orientation
Nationally)
CHECK THIS OUT FOR TONS OF INFO - -
http://www.youth.org/loco/PERSONProject/   Please cc us (for our files) on
correspondence you send or receive re our action alerts.