From: Nicholas Heer <[email-masked]> The following transcript was made here in Seattle and posted to a

local e-mail list.

                                        Nicholas Heer

BEVERALY LAHAYE LIVE:
"Reporting on the key issues threatening to destroy your family."
December 13, 1994

     Well, did you know that the sixth North American Lesbian, Gay, and
Bisexual Studies Conference took place recently at the University of Iowa?
You probably didn't hear about it in the secular press. Well, today, our
guest, will give us a live report on this event, on how it's going to impact
your family. 2500 men and women met in Iowa City not too long ago for a
conference hosted by this University of Iowa. Their focus: lesbian, gay, and
bisexual studies. Bill Horn was actually there for this event, and is here
today to give us a firsthand report on this radical movement and their
efforts to force _you and I_ to accept their very sinful behaviour.

JW: We'd like to introduce to you our guest Bill Horn; Bill is media
spokesman for _The Report_, a multimedia organization that educates
Americans on the issues facing our families and our communities. He also
served as a broadcaster for the Armed Forces Telvision Network for eight
years, and (was also sports anchor for a local TV station, and so on). [ED
NOTE: _The Report_ produced _The Gay Agenda_ and so on.]

BL: And including the Beveraly LaHaye Live programme - he was on to give a
report on what happened at The Gay Games in New York City. Welcome Bill to
our programme today.

BILL HORN (BH): Thank you Ms. LaHaye, it's an honour.

BL: ...You've got something good and important that we need to hear... first
of all, Bill, would you tell us about the North American Lesbian, Gay, and
Bisexual Studies Conference? What was the purpose of this meeting?

BH: Well, uh, a lot of things that they brought here to the heartland.
Number one, this is the first time they ever brought this conference, the
sixth annual, to the heardland.  It's always been held at an Ivy League
school, and so to make it mainstream they bought it to the U. of Iwa. They
had four days of workshops, workshops that I can't even really talk about on
the programme, that are so disgusting... I sat in on a few of them - like
"Fight the Right" campaign, the "Lesbian Avengers," which you've talked
about many times on your programme; there was a workshop on "Heterosexism in
America Today," a professor from _New York_ was talking about how
heterosexism in America and the problem with America today, is that when
little boys are born, they wear blue clothes, little girls are given pink
clothes, and boys play with boy's toys, and girls play with dolls. He went
on for an hour talking about how that's hurting our nation today, and of
course as I was sitting in the meeting - I had an alias and I couldn't
really give my opinions - but I was just amazed at what was coming out of
these people's mouths, and they truly believe that. But probably one of the
most shocking things that took place - and it's a major controversy now here
in the state of Iowa - a professor from UCLA had a performance called "My
Queer Body," on Thursday night of this event, and it was at the Hampshrie
Auditorium, and this professor ended up taking off all his clothes, tried to
_stimulate himself sexually_, went into the _crowd_, sat on people, and had
people grope his body. Well, the very next day after that event, the press
page of the local newspaper, the Iowa City Press Citizen, had his picture -
the headline said "GAY ARTISTS: WE CAN DEFINATLY GET THROUGH NEWT" - and as
you read the article, it made this guy look like his political opinons were
outstanding, but made no mention of the night before this professor had
taken off all his clothes in front of four or five hundred people, and
behaved the way that he did.

BL: Boy, what you're saying to us, Bill, is, I think, along with us here in
the studio, most of our listeners are saying, 'This couldn't be happening -
in Iowa? Iowa is, you know, mid-America. Mid America does not support this
kind of action!

BH: Absolutely. Well, you know, you hit it on the head, at the beginning of
the programme, when you talked about the news media, won't put this
information out. And I know I've said this before, but thank God for
programmes like yours, because the average American, the average Iowan,
would not know about this. I went on a talk show locally in Des Moines, WHO
radio, and gave this information, and the phone lines lit up!

BL: I was going to say what kind of reaction did you get there?

BH: The people were outraged. I got calls and people said, 'we give
thousands of dollars in donations to the University of Iowa, they're not
getting another dime from us.' And the talk show host encouraged me, or
challenged me, to make a criminal complaint. And I was a little reluctant to
do that, uh, because I don't have to tell you about the pressure that comes
on, you know us for taking a stand, but I got convicted (sic), I called the
district attourney, and I said 'I want to file a criminal complaint this is
what took place,' and when I called, dozens of other people, had already
called, to file a complaint from the radio programme, and now we are working
 - you know, Concerned Women for America has a very strong organization here
in the state of Iowa, [BL: Yes, we do] Very strong, probably the strongest
organziation in the state with a leading voice, and so now we are working
with Concerned Women for America, leaders here in Iowa, to take a stand
against this, and, you know, people are outraged that this type of stuff
took place, and they have no idea because the news media never reported on
this. And there were so many things that took place at this event for four
days that is, that it is rediculous. You know, homosexuals try so hard to
present themselves as mainstream, that they're normal, like everyone else,
but their activities continue to be abnormal. For a professor to take off
his clothes and do what this professor did, uh, and the University to
support this, and to be one of the, uh, you know, supporters of this event,
and taxpayer dollars going to support this, people in Iowa are outraged over
it... and

BL: Well when you described that and I was thinking, "Well, what was the
purpose of him doing all this," it sounds more like a perverted sex
conference than it did... I see that I have a copy of the news release from
the University of Iowa here in my hand, and it was entitled, "Inquiry [she
pronounced it "In Queer Ee?"], in theory, in deed?"

BH: Yes. [shocked] Listen, I got so many invitations, uh, inviting me to
_parties_, and I'll tell ya, it was humiliating for me because, you know,
I've been to gay and lesbian parades, and as you mentioned the stonewall
event, but here on the University campus, and uh, I'm wearing a name tag,
that says "Inquiry, In Theory, Indeed?" people are looking at me as though
I'm a homosexual, and so it was humiliating. But I got so many invitations
to parties encouraging me to come nude or erotic attired, it said "Bring
your imagination, your toys, and your latex," and then it said, "the
following day we will have a round-table discussion on what we did the night
before, and no names will be mentioned."

BL: <cough/laughs> Bull, you know, if I didn't know and trust you, I would
say, "Come on now, you're really milking this out of proportion!" But Bill I
know that what you're saying is probable true. I cannot help but think if
2500 people entered a town who are just basically were all gay and
homosexual, I... what happened to that little town there? Iowa City?

BH: Well, again, the people of Iowa, that's why they are so outraged, number
one, they had no idea what this conference was going to be all about, and
the things that took place, and then for their tax dollars to go to support
this, uh, it's interesting that University of Iowa President Hunter Rollings
has just left for Cornell University, so it's an opportunity for the people
in Iowa to have their voices heard because they have to bring in a new
president now to the University.

BL: Oh boy, well, I am so glad that you are willing to report what you saw,
and I'm sorry you have to go to conferences like that, but, if you didn't go
and report to us, you know, we'd never know where our tax dollars are going,
and what is really happening on university campuses. Bill, I'm really glad
that you're [sic] took the time to share this with our listeners, so that we
could be informed about what is really going on.

BH: Well thank you for the opportunity, and again thank you for your
programme that will expose things like this because the dominant liberal
media won't let it out.

BL: Thanks so much for being on with us today.

BL: You know, Jim and Janet, when Christians talk about this issue, we're
often accused of promoting hate and bigotry, and that's not what we're
trying to do here today. We're speaking out today against behaviour that
God's word calls, very clearly, sinful.

JW: And perhaps you've been put in a position at work or with your friends
where you had to defend your stand against the sin of homosexuality. Maybe
you've been struggling to figure out what the Bible has to say about the
issue of gay rights, well, in just a little while we're going to make a
resource available to you that will help you to strengthen your own views on
this controversial topic. It's a book by Roger Magneson, called _Informed
Answers To Gay Rights Questions_. And we'll make that available to you a
little later.

BL: As we opened the programme today, Jim, you gave identification that a
national magazine, _The Advocate_, a homosexual magazine, on the cover,
asked the question, "Is God Gay?" Terrably offends me that anyone would even
make a suggestion that God would go contrary to his own word in the
scripture, and ask that question, is He gay. Well, this recent article,
about this subject, published earlier this month, the article in there talks
about the Metropolitan Community Church, and shows a picture of Christ
depicted as being gay. They claim over 40,000 members with 300 churches in
16 countries. And they're seeking to double in size over the next 10 years.
Now the Metropolitan Community Church has also been pushing actively for
acceptance in the Christian establishment. Jim, you are well read on this
subject, because we assigned you that task here at CWA. They claim to be one
of the fastest growing churches.

JW: Well, they do claim that they are one of the top 10 fastest growing
churches in America. They also, uh, they make some extraordinary claims that
we'll talk about a little bit later, but first of all, we wanted to get some
expert advice on whether or not the Metropolitan Community Chruch is indeed
one of the top 10 fastest growing churches, wo we spoke with the National
Association of Evangelicals here in Washington, DC., as a matter of fact,
Rich Sizenick, who's a policy analysist for them, he says that that
statement are [sic] absolutely an absurdity. The NEA [sic] says that the
fastest growing demoninations are in fact the Assembles of God, the Church
of God, the Presbyterian Church in the USA, they are indeed the fastest
moring, ah, fastest growing denominations, but, another thing that they
said, that I found extraordinary, is they said that the MCC, the
Metropolitan Community Church, has put gay issues on the agenda. They said
that they're the ones that are stirring everything up in the chruches and
making the evangelical churches deal with this issue. And I just don't
believe it. I think that the MCC church is absolutely irrelevant to the
things that the mainstream churches in America discuss. What do you think?

JP: Well, if you read _The Advocate_, it sound pretty mainstream. And I
think that's the worst part of the article. It talks about what the gospel
of the Metropolitan Community Church is and they say it's a three-prong
approach: the first is salvation, and reading right out of the magazine,
"God so loved the world, that God sent Jesus to tell us that whoever
believes shall not perish but have everlasting life, and _whoever_ includes
gay men and lesbians..."

[Tape cut off with about five minutes left in the programme.]