Subject: Theatrical Production For Gay/Latino Youth In Chicago
From: Victorium <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:00:18 EDT

Victorium Productions Presents
The World Premiere Of
Frozen Stars
Written & Directed By 1997 Elly Award Winner
David-Matthew Barnes & Vanessa Fincher
"This show is fresh, contemporary and aimed at today's generation!"

"Barnes' nascent talent has started to bloom. His will surely be a career to
watch and enjoy..."

"Barnes has already developed a distinctive style and voice. One barely gets
out of his plays alive..."

Media Contact		Luella Ensoy			773-612-1884

*Young members of the gay community will especially appreciate this production
for the honest depiction of a relationship between two young men.

Set in the small town of Rising Star, New Mexico, this dramatic play centers
around three best friends: a young Latina woman struggling with her personal
and religious beliefs and the pressures of family life, a young gay man who
experiences love and acceptance for the first time in his life and the
daughter of a single-mother who escapes into a world of poetry and secret
wishes. Through their friendship and relationships, their growth, self-
discovery and ambitions are realized.

This world premiere will be performed at The Viaduct Theatre at 3111 North
Western in Chicago, near the intersection of Belmont, Clybourn and Western.
The Viaduct Theatre will be celebrating its opening as a new theatre venue in
Chicago with this timely production.

Immediately following this production, Frozen Stars will embark on a fifteen
city tour (including San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Seattle,
Phoenix and New York City). The stage play has also been adapted into a
screenplay and filming on this project begins, on location in New Mexico, this
summer. Frozen Stars is the topic of a two page article in the next issue of
Latin Heat Magazine, the leading trade paper for Latinos in the entertainment
industry.

The Opening Night Gala is scheduled for May 8. The evening will begin at 6:30
pm with a live band performance. At 8:00 pm will be the opening night
performance of Frozen Stars. The evening will then continue with a champagne
reception with tje cast. Tickets for this special event are $20.00. A Student
Sneak Preview is scheduled for Thursday, May 7 at 8:00 pm. Students must show
an official school ID in order to receive free admission for this special
performance.

Frozen Stars features six young actors from the Chicago area:
Yelyna DeLeon, Kelly Kinghorn, David-Matthew Barnes, Daniel DeLeon, Erick
Garcia and Michael Lillo.
*Cast biographies are available upon request.

Performance dates are as follows:
May 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29
All performances begin at 8:00 pm.
For reservations, please call 773-612-1884

Ticket prices are as follows:
Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays: $10.00  Sundays: $5.00
Group rates are available for parties of 8 or more.
VIP Passes are available for members of the press and one guest.
Promotional photos, posters and flyers are available by request.

Sponsored By: Extra Spanish-English Bilingual Community Newspaper