From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 00:55:53 -0400

Following is the text of the four ballot initiatives filed earlier this week
by the Idaho Citizens Alliance.  These ballot initiatives include: 1.) a
revised anti-gay initiative (Son of Prop 1); 2.) an anti-abortion initiative;
3.)  a teacher's union busting bill; and 4.) a tax credit provision for home
and private school parents bill.
Please note that while only the anti-gay initiative was filed under the name
of the Idaho Citizens Alliance, all four initiatives are the work of the ICA
and the group names used, such as "Idahoans for Compassion" (the
anti-abortion bill) and "Idahoans for Choice in Education" (the two
education-related initiatives), are merely fronts or facades for the ICA.
For more information, please call me at (208)345-9736, or email to
[email-masked].
Best regards,
John Hummel
NO ON 1 COALITION

TEXT OF THE IDAHO CITIZENS ALLIANCE'S  
ANTI-GAY INITIATIVE FILED JUNE 26, 1995:

Section 67-8001.  Declaration of Public Policy.  By Voting "YES" on this
Initiative,  We, the People of Idaho, do hereby Enact the

"FAMILY AND CHILD PROTECTION ACT,"

declaring our support for protection of Idaho's families and young children,
and prohibiting government promotion of the so-called "homosexual rights"
agenda which threatens our families and children, as follows:

Section 67-8002.  By voting "YES" on this initiative, the people of Idaho
hereby prohibit government promotion of homosexual behavior.
A government agency, board, commission, council, department, district,
institution, or elected or appointed officer of the state of Idaho, or of any
political subdivision thereof:
(a)  Shall not declare any individual or group, solely on the basis of
homosexual behavior,  to constitute an officially sanctioned or recognized
"minority", or otherwise establish or grant to such individual(s) any
special, exclusive, or preferential status, treatment, or classification
under law.
(b)  Shall not establish, set aside, or reserve, exclusively for individuals
who engage in homosexual behavior, any quota of jobs, scholarships,
contracts, grants, or other special rights, privileges, or benefits under
law.
(c)  Shall not expend tax dollars or any other public funds to promote,
advocate, endorse, or encourage homosexual behavior.
(d)  Shall not authorize, approve, or allow the promotion advocacy,
endorsement, or encouragement of homosexual behavior in any officially
sanctioned public school class, course, curriculum, activity, program or
event, and shall require that any discussion of such behavior therein occur
only on an age-appropriate basis as defined by the local school board.
(e)  Shall not extend to a homosexual couple or "domestic partnership" the
legal status, recognition or privileges of the institution of marriage.
(f)    Shall not, in a public library, except with the direct supervision or
consent of a parent or legal guardian, make available to a minor child any
publication which promotes, advocates, endorses, or encourages homosexual
behavior, or which attempts to persuade minor children that homosexual
behavior is a positive, normal, healthy, or socially acceptable activity or
lifestyle.

Section 67-8003.  Effective immediately upon a "YES" vote.  A "YES" vote by a
simple majority of those voting on this initiative in the general election
held on November 4, 1996, shall be required to enact the "Family and Child
Protection Act" into law, which on that date shall be in full force and
effect immediately upon such vote having been cast.  Should any portion of
this Act thereafter be found to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, all
remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.

TEXT OF THE IDAHO CITIZENS ALLIANCE'S
ANTI-ABORTION INITIATIVE FILED JUNE 26, 1995:

Section 18-616.  STATEMENT OF PUBLIC POLICY.  By Voting "YES" on this
Initiative, the People of Idaho hereby expand legal recognition and
protection of the fundamental right to life of living children during their
prenatal development.  We hereby declare that Title 18, Idaho Code, entitled
"Abortions and Contraceptives" shall be amended by the addition as follows,
to be entitled the
"Protection from Late Term Abortion Act"

Section 18-616.  WILLFUL  DEATH OF A CHILD BEYOND A PRESCRIBED STAGE OF
PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT PROHIBITED.  Any willful, intentional act for the
purpose of causing the death of a living child who is beyond his or her first
thirteen weeks of prenatal development shall be prohibited, except to save
the life of the child's mother.

Section 18-617.  PROCEDURES COMMONLY PRACTICED TO CAUSE WILLFUL DEATH
PROHIBITED FOR PRENATAL CHILDREN OVER THE AGE OF 13 WEEKS.   The people find
that procedures used in later term abortions cause suffering and pain in the
unborn which is inhumane.  The prohibition provided by this Chapter shall
apply to the following procedures only after 13 weeks of gestation, including
but not limited to the following abortion procedures: (a) dismemberment of
the prenatal child's body, or (b) chemically burning or poisoning the
prenatal child, or (c) the partial delivery of a prenatal child for the
purpose of removing, by incision through the skull, followed by suction, the
child's brain from his or her skull, otherwise known as brain suction
abortion (dilation and extraction).

Section 18-618.  DETERMINATION OF PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT PROVIDED.   For
purposes of the application of this legislation, a declaration of opinion by
the attending physician shall be required to determine whether the life of a
child falls within or beyond his or her first thirteen weeks of prenatal
development.

Section 18-619.  WOMAN NOT GUILTY.  A woman  upon whom any abortion is
performed or attempted to be performed after 13 weeks of gestation, as per
the intent of this act, is not guilty of an attempt to commit, complicity in
the commission of, or conspiracy in the commission of a violation of this
act.

Section 18-620.  OBTAINING APPROPRIATE RELIEF.  The mother, the father, and
if the mother or father has not attained the age of 18 years at the time of
the abortion, any parent of such minor, may in a civil action obtain
appropriate relief.  Such relief against the medical abortion provider may
include but not be limited to:  (a) Money damages for all injuries,
psychological and physical, occasioned by the violation of this section, and
(b) Statutory damages equal to three times the cost of the abortion; even if
any party consented to the performance of an abortion.

Section 18-621.  ENACTMENT AND SEVERABILITY.  This act shall be in full force
and effect immediately upon a majority of those voting on this Initiative
having voted "Yes" in the general election held on November 4th, 1996.
 Should any section or portion thereof be found to be unenforceable, all
remaining provisions of the Act shall remain in full force and effect.

TEXT OF THE IDAHO CITIZENS ALLIANCE'S
INITIATIVE GRANTING TAX CREDITS TO
HOME & PRIVATE SCHOOL PARENTS
(INCLUDES "LEGISLATIVE INTENT" STATEMENT)
FILED JUNE 26, 1995:

Non public education enhancement act

Legislative Intent

To encourage non public education growth and to alleviate the pressure and
expense of overcrowded schools.

This measure allows parents or qualified recipients to receive certain tax
benefits, in the form of tax credits, for exercising their responsibility of
their child's education outside of the public education system.

AN ACT

RELATING TO INCOME TAX CREDITS; AMENDING CHAPTER 30, TITLE 63, IDAHO CODE, BY
THE ADDITION OF A NEW SECTION 63-3029I, IDAHO CODE, TO PROVIDE TAX CREDIT
AGAINST STATE INCOME TAX FOR NON-USE OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOR RESIDENTS WITH
COMPULSORY-AGED CHILDREN.

Be it enacted..........

63-30291.  TAX CREDIT FOR NC)NON-USE OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOR RESIDENTS 
WITH COMPULSORY-AGED CHILDREN.  (1)  For taxable years commencing on and
after January 1, 1996, there shall be allowable at the election of the
taxpayer a tax credit in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500) for each
qualified dependent child who has attained the age of seven (7) years at the
end of the taxable year, but has not reached the age of sixteen (16) years at
the beginning of the taxable year, and who does not attend a public school
situated in Idaho, but who is otherwise in compliance with the compulsory
school attendance requirements of Article IX, Section of the Idaho
Constitution and Section 33-202, Idaho Code.
 (2) As used  in  subsection (1)  above,  the  term  "qualified  dependent"
shall mean a dependent as defined in Section 151(c)(3), Internal Revenue
Code, and who resides  in  Idaho  for  at  least  two
 hundred seventy (270) days during the taxable year.
(3) If taxes due are less than the total  credit allowed,  the taxpayer shall
be paid a refund equal to the  balance of the unused  credit. If the credit
or refund is not claimed for the year for which  the  individual  income tax
return is filed, the right thereafter to claim such credit or refund shall
 be  forfeited.  The  state tax commission shall prescribe the method by
which the  refund, if any, is to be made to the taxpayer.
(4) No educational institution shall, on account  of enrolling  an eligible
 pupil  for whom a tax  credit is claimed under the  Provisions of this
title, be considered a recipient  of government  financial assistance for the
purposes of imposing any rule,  guideline, order, requirement  or  regulation
upon such institution  or for any other purpose.

TEXT OF THE IDAHO CITIZENS ALLIANCE'S
INITIATIVE ATTACKING THE IDAHO EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
(INCLUDES "LEGISLATIVE INTENT" STATEMENT)
FILED JUNE 26, 1995:

The Teachers Right to Work Act
The 'Shall to May" Bill

Legislative Intent

Through the amending of the current code by only one word, teachers in Idaho
will be allowed to have a negotiating agency of their choice represent their
interests.

AN ACT

 RELATING TO POWERS OF SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARDS OF TRUSTEES;  AMENDING SECTION
 33-1271, IDAHO CODE, TO PROVIDE THAT BOARDS
TRUSTEES OF TRUSTEES MAY ENTER INTO A  NEGOTIATION AGREEMENT.

 Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Idaho;

 SECTION 1. That Section 33-1271, Idaho Code, be, and the same is hereby
 amended to read as follows:

 33-1271.  SCHOOL DISTRICTS -- PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES -- NEGOTIATION
AGREEMENTS.  The board of trustees of each school district, including
specially chartered districts, or the designated representative(s) of such
district, is  hereby empowered to and shall
may upon its own initiative or upon the request a local education
organization representing professional employees, enter  into a negotiation
agreement with the local education organization or the designated
representative(s) of such organization and negotiate with such party  in good
faith on those matters specified in any such negotiation agreement  between
the local board of trustees and the local education organization.  A request
for negotiations may be initiated by either party to such negotiation
 agreement.  Accurate records or minutes of the proceedings shall be kept,
and  shall be available for public inspection at the offices of the board of
education during normal business hours.  Joint ratification of all final
offers of  settlement shall be made in open meetings.
--end--