From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 94 09:20:32 EDT

What the Idaho PROPOSITION 1 will say:

If the anti-gay initiative is verified and titled by the secretary
of State, he is how it would appear on the ballot.

A "yes" vote would support the proposition -- the Idaho
Citizens Alliance's position -- and a "no" vote would
oppose it.

PROPOSITION 1

"An Act Establishing State Policies Regarding Homosexuality."

Initiative relating to homosexuality and the state's authority
to afford homosexals minority status; enacting a new chapter,
chap. 80, title 67, Idaho code: providing that no state agency,
department or political subdivision shall grant minority status
to persons who engage in homosexual behavior; providing
that same-sex marriages and domestic partnerships shall not
be legally recognized; providing that elementary and secondary
school educators shall not discuss homosexuality as
acceptable behavior; providing that no state funds shall be
expended in a manner that has the effect of accepting or
approving homosexuality; limiting adults access to library
materials which address homosexuality; providing that
private sexual practices may be considered non-job factors in
public employment; and providing a severability clause.

                                     --30--

==============================================
For more information, contact Idaho for Human Dignity, PO Box
797, Boise, ID 83701.  208-344-4295 or fax 208-344-4458.  The
name of the opposition, Don't Sign On, will change since the
anti-gay initiative is now Proposition 1.

Submitted by Robert Shaffer, [email-masked]
==============================================