Subject: Lewiston (ID) Morning Tribune Editorial
From: [email-masked] Sun Dec 19 20:20:28 1993
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 93 12:30:42 -0700

Reprinted without Permission

Lewiston Morning Tribune
Thursday, December 2, 1993  Page 10A
Opinion (Official editorial from the paper)
Note: This paper usually has a conservative editorial slant...

A COMPASSIONATE ATTEMPT TO CONTROL PERVERTS

The guy who moved here from Oregon to save Idahoans from their homosexuals 
believes gay people constitute a howling pack of perverts but he wouldn't want 
you to think he has anything against them personally.

Kelly Walton was involved in the unsuccessful attempt on the Oregon ballot to 
get the homosexuals under control in that state. He has now been sent to Idaho 
by an Oregon organization that sees this state as fertile ground for that kind 
of politics and he is now trying to stir things up between Idahoans and their 
homosexuals.

Walton was smarting this week at the latest denunciation of his efforts by an 
Idaho church. Idaho Episocopal Church leaders formally differed with the 
initiative, characterizing it as a mean-spirited effort that "promotes a 
climate of divisiveness, alienation, and disunity among people." The Episcopal 
Church, the resolution said, has "no outcasts."

Walton was obviously stung by the rebuke. "The initiative is exposing a 
dangerous lifestyle and a dangerous behaviour," hd explained. "This is an act 
of compassion," he added, "not an act of discrimination or hatred. The 
initiative is not attacking individuals."

Similarly, a declaration by the Ku Klux Klan that "we have to get all them 
shiftless niggers under control" should not be taken as a personal attack on 
individual members of that race.

Walton has come into this state to save the people of Idaho from "dangerous 
behavior" of the wicked perverts among us and he would have us believe it is 
"an act of compassion."

The people of Idaho must show him the same level of compassion that he truly 
feels in his heart of hearts for the gay people of this state. After all, he 
can't help what he is. He was born that way.  -B.H.