Subject: HAWAII, 9/12
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 05:33:54 HST

NIGHTLINE INFORMATION

	In the D.C. area, the information of what is about to appear on
Nightline may be obtained after 5 p.m. EDT at (202)222-7777.  Videotapes
of a broadcast (after it has been shown!) may be obtained by calling
1-800-913-3434 for $29.95 plus $4 shipping.  Transcripts may be obtained
for $5.  I have not checked any of these numbers, so please take them with
a grain of salt.  Right now, Nightline will broadcast a story on Baehr
v. Lewin on Tuesday Sept. 12.  However, until 5 p.m. EDT, that may be changed
to some other news story.  [I assume that if President Clinton were
assassinated, the 5 p.m. deadline would be ignored as well.]  Several
people have written to ask how to lobby Nightline to put the show on earlier.
I don't think that is necessary or even well-advised. If you think lobbying
is a good idea, please check with [email-masked] before doing it.  

	The Commission on Sexual Orientation and the Law, now in its second
incarnation, is holding its first meeting on Wednesday Sept. 13 at 10:00 am
at the capitol office tower (235 South Beretania in Honolulu).  This first
meeting is probably a critical meeting, in that it will set the tone for all
future meetings and probably determine whether the commission finishes its
work in time for the January 1996 legislature.  The amount of work involved
is large.

				Aloha!

				Tom Ramsey
				Secretary, HERMP Steering Committee
				
P.S.  HERMP is a fully tax-deductible project of the Gay and Lesbian 
Community Center in Honolulu.  Contributions are needed, and should be
sent to GLCC/HERMP, 1820 University Ave., Honolulu, HI 96822.  HERMP's
telephone numbers are (808)942-3737, (808)951-7000 (GLCC receptionist,
9 to 5 M-F), (808)926-1000 (fax).  Honolulu is currently 6 hours behind
EDT (in the winter it is 5 hours).
      HERMP T-shirts are available for $15 plus postage.