Subject: Misleading, fraudulent, criminal??? - Hawaii PAC Investigation
From: WEWoodsMPH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 03:08:43 EST

Aloha Folks,

The investigation into the Campaign Spending Report for a political
organization calling itself Save Traditional Marriage and the fact that it was
"hosted," organized, and conducted through a solicitation campaign by a so-
called non-political action organization called Hawaii's Future Today is
bearing a new understanding.  Many of you that have been following the recent
actions, complaints and identification of complaints will appreciate this new
bit of information that was sent in by Saturn of Honolulu who has been trying
to help us get to the bottom of this mess.

     The solicitation letter received by Saturn of Honolulu is copied for you
below in its entirety.  We now believe that when all the businesses we talked
with said they knew nothing about a political fundraiser that they were all
probably speaking complete truth.  Please judge for yourself by reading the
letter sent to at least one business  - if not all - if you received it.
Would you know that Mr. Jack Hoag and George Shea and Hawaii's Future Today
were soliciting political action money to support a political campaign that
supports an amendment to the Hawaii State Constitution that would eliminate
one class of people from the equal protection clause of that constitution.
Would you know that if you spent $200 to attend these events that your $200
would be put down on a public political action report as a $200 contribution
to their cause???????  Hmmmmmmm

Mr. Hoag is the Chair of Hawaii Reserve's Inc. property management company for
all Mormon-owned properties in Hawaii.

    Over view: Another letter dated two days later have been publicised as the
solicitation letter that was used.  It did not mention the event was a
political action event, but it did say that proceeds would be given to Save
Traditional Marriage 98.  What is clear from a copy of a letter actually sent
to solicit businesses that their solicitation was different than one
publicized.

    A lot will be happening this week to move this effort to the fore for the
public to take notice and action against such practices that jeopardize and
harm our political process.  Get ready - and become a part when we need your
input and help for the rest of the investigation.

Do good

William E. Woods, MPH

*****

Header:	Hawaii's Future Today

Date:		October 22, 1997

"Dear Business Leader:

On behalf of Hawaii's Future Today, you are invited to attend a seminar with
Dr. Stephen R. Covey, best-selling author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective
People.  Dr. Covey's global influence is unparalleled among management and
professional development authorities.  The 7 Habits of Highly Effective
People, one of several highly acclaimed books by Dr. Covey is ranked as the
No. 1 international best-seller by the New York Times.

Dr. Covey will be giving a one-day, three hour seminar on The 7 habits of
Highly Effective People and Principle-Centered Leadership in Hawaii next
month.  The seminar is designed to empower people and organizations to
significantly increase their performance capability by building high-trust,
high-performance cultures.  Dr. Covey's vision is to teach organizations to
implement and embody Principle-Centered Leadership into their culture through
enhancing vital areas such as quality, leadership, innovation, trust,
teamwork, communications, customer-focused service, organization alignment and
strategic initiatives.  As a business person in Hawaii - you can not afford to
miss this opportunity!

The seminar is being held on November 20, 1997 from 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at
the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki.  For only $125 per person this seminar is an
incredible value for both you and your company.  Seats are limited to 350
people so please reserve your tickets now.

In conjunction with this afternoon seminar, we will also be hosting a dinner
featuring Dr. Covey.  During dinner Dr. Covey will talk about his newest work,
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families.  Dinner will begin with a pre-
reception at 5:30 p.m. at a cost of $100 per person.  If you attend both the
seminar and dinner the cost is $200.

We hope you will take advantage of such a rare opportunity to meet with one of
the world's most renowned authorities on leadership and effectiveness.

Sincerely,

Signed by Jack Hoag, Vice Chair		and George Shea, Treasurer

P.O. Box 235853, Honolulu, Hawaii 96823-3514  Phone (808)944-9029 * Fax
(808)941-5595"

*Several other versions of this solicitation letter appeared with different
officers' signatures, including Debi Hartmann, Chair; and Marc Alexander, Vice
Chair.