Subject: Saturn Responds regarding misleading political contribution
From: WEWoodsMPH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:15:44 EST

Aloha Folks,  Saturn Responds regarding misleading political contribution

Golly - it sounds great what Saturn of Honolulu has written.  Our
investigation - and many who communicated directly to them have gotten great
initial and apparently committed response.  With respect, I send around Saturn
of Honolulu's letter for all to see.  YOu might follow it up with a
communication noting your appreciation of their prompt action - and equal and
fair insight.

do good

William E. Woods, MPH

****
Subj:	 The Honolulu Covey Seminar / Political Action Committee ??
Date:	98-03-24 18:42:22 EST
From:	[email-masked] (mike)

To All It May Concern,

Thanks for your e-mail and for the chance to clear up matters concerning 
the Stephen Covey workshop here in Honolulu. Although at the time of the 
seminar I was not the "Managing Retailer" of Saturn of Honolulu, my 
investigation has uncovered some very disturbing facts.

Some of us from Saturn of Honolulu attended the workshop last November 
for the sole purpose of hearing from the world renown author of "Seven 
Habits of Highly Successful People" and other books.  

Along with many others in Hawaii, we did not realize the educational 
workshop was a political fund raiser.  It was never intended that our 
innocent payment to attend the event would be a donation to any political 
group or cause -- and certainly not to one we do not support.  
 
As you may know, due to many complaints, the Hawaii Campaign Spending 
Commission has investigated the political action committee Save 
Traditional Marriage and determined there have been violations of the 
campaign spending laws.  

Most important, we at Saturn of Honolulu want you to know this. Beyond 
our commitment to quality, innovation, and continuous improvement in 
making and selling cars, our company policy is to show respect to every  
individual in action, voice, and spirit. We believe in including, not 
excluding, people.

We advocate for people, for all people, without prejudice or 
discrimination of any kind.   At Saturn of Honolulu, we are constantly 
reminding ourselves of these principles as part of our effort to "do it 
right." 

No one was more shocked or dismayed than I was to find Saturn of Honolulu 
listed as a contributor to this political group without our consent or 
intent. We hope this will help you understand how it happened  and what 
our true beliefs are. We are considering legal remedies with "class 
action" on the grounds of misrepresentation.

A copy of this document is posted & can be viewed at....   
http://SaturnHonolulu.com

Sincerely,
Michael Johnson
Vice President & General Manager
Saturn of Honolulu