Subject: Aloha - New Yorker Helping Hawaii See What is Going On Here!
From: WEWoodsMPH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 00:24:29 EDT

Aloha Folks,

Mahalo to Todd Jennings in New York who has kept in-know and is trying to help
Hawaii's public see what he has seen over net (barely visible in local press).
Doing good.

Do good

William E. Woods, MPH

To:	[email-masked]
BCC:	WEWoodsMPH

To the editor:

I am surprised at your willingness to quote Bill Clifton, lawyer for "Hawaii's
Future Today," stating "the solicitation literature he has seen" for HFT's
fundraiser for "Save Traditional Marriage" clearly identitied the sponsor and
purpose of the events -- a right-wing group seeking to raise money for
political lobbying.  Has your newspaper not published the solicitation letter
sent to a Saturn car dealership asking them to buy tickets for HFT's event?
Clearly, Mr. Clifton is either lying on behalf of his client or he is a very
poor reader.

I live 5000 miles away from Hawaii, but I have seen enough HFT solicitation
letters to know that organization exhibited an intent to deceive.  Does anyone
think so many government and tax-exempt organizations would have broken
Hawaiian laws if they had not been duped?

It is time for the Star-Bulletin to assign an investigative reporter to this
story, though it seems to me Bill Woods has already done most of the work for
you.  It is obvious that individuals were solicited to attend the HFT
fundraiser by letters and advertisements that properly identified the
beneficiary of the event.  Corporations, government agencies and tax-exempt
organizations, however, were NOT told about the beneficiary.

I find it sad and ironic that people who want to amend the Hawaii constitution
have resorted to breaking existing laws, then lying about doing so, in order
to further their mission of denying basic civil rights to another group of
Hawaiians.  And I find it inexcusable that the Star-Bulletin merely quotes
them in the interest of balanced news coverage instead of exposing them for
the criminals they are.

Sincerely,
Todd Jennings