Subject: Tom, Hartmann, Meyers - all Mormon agenda hedge-betting
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:53:02 EDT

For redistribution/republication granted with acknowledgement/credit

Aloha Folks,

((This is a response - letter to editor - etc. in regards to article sent you
about Terrance Tom's entry to senate race.  Original article below.))

The Senate #23 race is one hedge better for Mormons.  Debi Hartmann #1 Mormon
candidate and co-chair of Hawaii's Future Today and Save Traditional Marriage"
98 (both under investigation for wrong-doing with the Campaign Spending
Commission) surprisingly has campaign manager Linda Rosehill (who is original
contracted creator of Hawaii's Future Today and currently under contract with
Save Traditional Marriage 98).

However, a way to hedge the bets for Mormon control of the Senate politics in
the area - the state . . . and future world dominance, Terrance Tom Mormon
puppet for last five years in the House is also in the running.  And in case
he has shot himself in the foot soooooooo much for his dirty dealings and
conflicts of interests on many fronts and he should lose, Colleen Meyers
current House representative for Laie and area may be another fallback.  

We all know a little about the Mormon political and business agenda's put
forth by Hartmann and Tom, but I think few are aware of Meyer's "work" in the
House.

Her first bill introduced in 1996 presented an array of statute changes that
would have effectively dismantled our equal opportunity and anti-
discrimination laws.  She introduced measures to eliminate the sanctions
(penalties) for violation of the laws. She stand four -square with the actual
political direction of the Mormon hierarchy, namely Jack Hoag, Co-chairs of
the various anti-Gay groups listed above and Chairman of the Hawaii Reserves,
Inc. ) land management company for Mormon Church-owned properties in Hawaii.

At opening of 1998 legislative session (party day at capitol), I had the great
opportunity to talk with Debi Hartmann who was being chaperoned around the
capitol by Jack Hoag, Father Marc Alexander and Donna Alcantera (Republican
Party State Chair) and being introduced as their candidate for State Senate.
I confirmed with Hartmann her candidacy and asked about Alcantera's
introduction of her as candidate to someone in a legislator's office.  No
response other than people of both parties are supporter her.  She did say
that her campaign is about "family values."

Family values by this group is going to be very interesting.   Family values
by a group that believes Gay people are not family and deserving of family
values and rights and benefits!

Family values by these groups who's creator, Linda Rosehill self-proclaimed
mother of a Gay child, has worked diligently to deny her own daughter equal
rights and treatment in Hawaii.   A mother that has helped create an amendment
that she purposely hopes will eradicate constitutional protection of equal
justice for her own daughter.

Family values indeed!

Do good

William E. Woods, MPH

**

HONOLULU STAR-BULLETIN
P.O. Box 3080
Honolulu, Hawai`i 96802
[email-masked]

Thursday, June 4, 1998

TERRANCE TOM ENTERS CROWDED SENATE RACE
By Craig Gima
Star-Bulletin

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]