Subject: Great Article - HSB-Trish Moore - Purlitzer for the dedicated and gutsy
From: WEWoodsMPH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 17:47:23 EDT

Great Article - HSB-Trish Moore - Purlitzer for the dedicated and gutsy

Aloha Folks,

Martin Rice from Kauai after full day at this Island's County Dem Convention
plunked his dainty fingers all over the keyboard to enter in this article
produced by Trish Moore of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin (HSB) covering the Kauai
Board of Ethics call for State Attorney General's investigation in to the
alleged criminal solicitation scheme conducted by Hawaii's Future Today - Save
Traditional Marriage 98 (depending on your perspective).

Short review of Media coverage:  Many have sent me inquiries and comments
regarding the dramatic screaming lack of coverage of the local media here.  We
have actually gotten more inquiries and conducted interviews with mainland-
based publications and electronic media than here.  This paragraph was written
to update those interested in the media response to this significant
newsworthy subject.   The HSB has had the most continuous coverage of the
emerging actions and decisions related to Hawaii Investigation.  Pacific
Business News (PBN) has generated two excellent articles on the initial scope
of the apparent violations related to the fundraising.  Honolulu Advertiser
wrote one rather skimpy and overall very limited, biased, and unrepresentative
article on the day Campaign Spending Commission (CSC) authorized the first
formal investigation.  Maui's Out In Maui has covered  significantly in the
two monthly editions coming out since investigation and violations were
established.  Maui's Maui Sun called couple of weeks ago for information, but
have not seen any article generated.  Oahu's Island Lifestyle had a reprint of
short article on in April's edition.  KHNL-TV Channel 8 NBC affiliate is only
TV coverage so far - Rod Antone covered the special meeting I had giving a
preliminary report of my investigation to the CSC requesting them to request
AG investigation of issues out of CSC areas of authority.  Honolulu Weekly,
Mid Week, Sun Press Kauai Times and Garden Isle News (last two being Kauai
papers owned by a single entity) have not printed a word of it.  KCCN Radio
Bob Jones Show discussed the initial complaint of the Australian Consulate and
County of Kauai illegal contributions.   Two radio stations (please contact me
to fill in call numbers for accurate reporting) on Kauai covered the events on
the day Martin and I exposed the Kauai County contribution to the Mayor,
County Attorney and Finance Director on March 9, 1998

What you can do to help:  I have provided you a list of key agencies, their
address and contact information.  I think your direct input, the input of your
affiliated organizations seeking justice and other "just do it" activities
will help - 	PLEASE DO GOOD NOW!!!	

Addresses for your help and communications: 
	Hawaii State Attorney General
Ms. Margery S. Bronster, Attorney General, 425 Queen Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
96813
(808) 586-1500   FAX (808) 586-1239
	Kauai Board of Ethics
Kauai Board of Ethics, Harold Shimizu Vice-Chair, c/o Office of County
Attorney, 4444 Rice Street, Suite 220, Lihue, Kauai  96766
(808) 241-6315  FAX (808) 241-6319
	Campaign Spending Commission
Campaign Spending Commission, 235 S. Beretania Street, Room 300, Honolulu,
Hawaii  96813
(808) 586-0285  FAX (808) 586-0288
	Federal Bureau of Investigation - Hawaii Office
 FBI, 300 Ala Moana Boulevard, Room 4-220, Honolulu, Hawaii  96813
(808) 521-1411  FAX:  (808) 566-4470  Email: [email-masked]

Remember folks,  Martin entered this in by hand!

****

HONOLULU STAR-BULLETIN
P.O. Box 3080
Honolulu, Hawai`i 96802
[email-masked]

May 3, 1998
Page A3

ETHICS BOARD ASKS STATE FOR FRAUD PROBE
A Kaua`i seminar turned out to be a benefit for an anti-gay group
By Trish Moore
Kaua`i Correspondent

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]