Subject: Re: BLCCF: Forgotten, The Precious Rule in the Matthew Shepard Tragedy (fwd)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:39:09 EDT

gfn.com OFFERS UP TO $100,000 FOR GAY MARRIAGE FUND

Online Gay Financial Network Will Match Donations 
to Fight Anti-Gay Initiative in Hawaii

NEW YORK, October 13, 1998 - gfn.com, the Gay Financial Network, today
announced a plan to raise money for the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and the
Save Our Constitution fund in Hawaii's battle over Hawaiian marriage rights,
including potential recognition of same-gender marriage. Effective
immediately, gfn.com will match every contribution to Save Our Constitution
made through a special hyperlink on gfn.com (up to $100,000 program total).

"This is a dollar-for-dollar offer," says gfn.com founder Walter B. Schubert.
"I'm challenging gay individuals who've made money this year to help fight the
anti-gay marriage movement in Hawaii. To make it easier, gfn.com is offering
to DOUBLE your giving dollar."

HRC's Save Our Constitution fund will help defeat a constitutional referendum
on the November 3 ballot that would allow the legislature to limit legal
marriage to heterosexual couples only. Foes of marriage rights have launched
this referendum in response to an expected ruling by the Hawaii Supreme Court,
declaring same-gender marriage legal in Hawaii. The multi-million dollar,
anti-gay campaign is funded by The Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family,
the Family Research Council and other fundamentalist organizations.

"It's time for us to pull our resources together, vote with our dollars, and
defeat this referendum," says Schubert. "I hope many, many people will click
onto gfn.com, make a donation, and join us in this effort. We only have three
weeks to protect marriage rights in Hawaii. We can take action. People can't
just amend us out of existence."

To take advantage of this opportunity, individuals should go to
http://www.gfn.com, click on The gfn.com/HRC Challenge button on the homepage,
and follow the instructions to make a donation.

About gfn.com...

gfn.com (http://www.gfn.com) is the online financial resource for the gay and
lesbian community. gfn.com provides comprehensive personal financial
information; investment and market analysis; online investing through gfn.com
Investments; the "gfn.com 100" (analysis of specific companies'
policies/practices toward gay employees); financial planning and portfolio
management features; articles and columns from Wall Street experts; daily
market coverage; investment clubs; and links to related websites.

gfn.com, operated by The Gay Financial Network, LLC, was founded by Walter B.
Schubert, a third-generation member of the New York Stock Exchange, and the
NYSE's first (and only) openly gay member. His monthly newsletter on the
financial markets is read by investors worldwide.