Subject: Latest Update on Hawaii Case - Newest Question Answered
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:38:54 -0400 (EDT)

Aloha Folks,

Adding to information regarding Hawaii case.

All briefs are suppose to be filed with court date expected in Late August.
 However, state has already asked for delay till after amendment ballot
issue.  Did so just after amendment was officially put on ballot by
legislature.

When dates or action are available I will try to get to you all asap.

Bill
Hawaii Gay Marriage Project
GLEA Foundation

The first and original creators of the Hawaii lawsuit - don't be fooled by
imitators

Not everyone can be here and help.  Your donations help us to promote legal
same-sex marriage.  Please contribute your tax-deductible donations to:

GLEA Foundation
P.O. Box 37083
Honolulu, Hawaii  96837

Help us do the work to secure legal marriage for ALL of us.
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:27:13 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Correction of earlier statement on Hawaii marriage appeal.

Aloha Folks,

This note is for correction of a previous statement to an inquiry about the
Hawaii State's Attorney General's challenge/appleal to legal marriage.

It was asked last week if the AG had actually presented a motion to the
Hawaii State Supreme Court asking for a delay in their action on the appeal
until after the proposed amendment was voted on in November 1998.

Actually there has not yet been such a motion.

In a recent filing and counter-filing, the State said they would be
presenting such a motion, but not before the court at this time.

We had all been discussing this issue as a fact, when it is not yet a fact.

do good

Bill Woods, MPH
Hawaii Gay Marriage Project
GLEA Foundation

A tax-deductible non-profit community service organizations dedicated to
promoting freedom, equality and justice for Gays and Lesbians by focusing on
systemic discriminatory practices.

GLEA Foundation
P.O. Box 37083
Honolulu, Hawaii  96837