Subject: Call for Recipricol Beneficiary Couples and Comment on Southern Baptist Boycott
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:56:53 -0400 (EDT)

Aloha Folks,

Two items today.

It appears that a number of Gay couples are going to apply for Recipricol
Beneficiary status on opening day - July 1, 1997.  Particulars on just how to
do this on each island will be sent out shortly - Martin Rice of Kauai is
preparing a note on this.

Several couples have notified us - Hawaii Gay Marriage Project - GLEA
Foundation to  tell us their interest and some have connected to go together
to apply.  We want to help facilitate this first important step and help get
good media coverage.  In that endeavor we are putting a call out to other
Hawaii residents to let us know if they want to join the group efforts.   

If you are interested email us here - if you know someone who is interested,
please have them call our line at (808) 532-9000 - there is a machine if time
when we are noit in.  We will return calls as soon as possible - all off-Oahu
calls will have to be contacted collect as we really do not have an
additional budget for this effort.

The second item on this alert is about the Southern Baptists declaring a
boycott on Disney because the business is Gay friendly.   This causes us to
make comment on this anti-Gay action.

The Southern Baptists have made a public stance that it is unacceptable for
businesses to allow job benefits and thus economic security for same-sex
couples.   That it is unacceptable to state the facts that Gay people exist
and have lives other than the propagandized and false evil image they have
created "in their image."

Will America see that if equality is perceived and acted upon by an employer
that this behavior is the antithesis to Southern Baptist dictates?

The really good thing about this is the marketing advantage Disney and the
rest of us can make of the boycott.  Look folks, Disneyland and DisneyWorld
are even better places to go to now - there won't be any Southern Baptists
there anymore.  You can laugh and have fun with fellow Americans that hold
the concepts of freedom, equality and justice as an idea.

do good,

Bill Woods, MPH
Hawai Gay Marriage Project
GLEA Foundation

Agape = Freedom, Equality and Justice = Peace

do really good