Subject: Re: (Australia) Brother Sister New - 14/11/96
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:07:35 -0500

I read your last entry about bridal registry - please pass this information
on to them or couples, ministers who support marriage.  This bureau is to
help community see the magnitude of support and effort for legal marriage.

mahalo

Bill

HAWAII GAY MARRIAGE BUREAU
Registry of Same-Sex Couples, Ministers, and 
Supportive Marriage Industry Businesses

Aloha and welcome to the Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau,

	The Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau is a program of the GLEA Foundation (Gay and
Lesbian Education and Advocacy Foundation), which created the same-sex
marriage case currently in Hawaii’s courts.  As Hawaii may soon declare
same-sex marriages legal through the court action, the Hawaii Gay Marriage
Bureau was created to help couples seeking legal marriage to keep up with the
status of the case and to be notified when these marriages will be legal in
Hawaii.

	The Bureau is a registry of couples who have already been married or who are
planning to be married when it becomes legally recognized.  For those already
married, they may request an official marriage certificate from the Bureau.

	The Bureau is also a referral registry of licensed ministers, rabbis, and
other licensed officiants plus a registry of marriage industry businesses
that will provide marriage-related services for same-sex couples seeking
marriages here in Hawaii or in any of the other 49 states.  This service was
created so that couples everywhere can have access to marriage in their own
community (even if not yet legally recognized).

	One of the main purposes of the Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau is to help the
country and the world understand the benefits of marriage through our ongoing
education programs.  As the creator of the same-sex marriage case, we can
continue to support the community’s understanding of marriage by letting
people know that there are very real couples, ministers and businesses that
recognize and support legal same-sex marriage.

	So, register today !    If you are already married you may request a lovely
certificate be sent to you.  If you are not married, a list of ministers and
supportive marriage-related businesses in your area will be provided upon
request and availability of their registration.  Newsletters and updates will
be sent to you, too.  Additional contributions will go to further the “Right
to Marry.”

Donations for Registry: 

	Registry of couple:     				$15.00   
	Certificate of Marriage:  			      $15.00 (must be registered couple)
	Registry of Minister/Officiant:     		$15.00
	Registry of Marriage Industry Business	       $75.00
	Registry of Marriage Service Packagers    	$150.00

Additional contributions welcome and encouraged.

	We encourage each of you to keep informed of this most important issue.
 Marriage is an institution that will benefit many.  It will not only improve
and support the lives of the couples, but will also bring equality and fair
treatment of all Gay people as we strive for our place under the
Constitution.

Sincerely

William E. Woods, MPH
Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau

PS:  Should you have any questions, please call or write the Hawaii Gay
Marriage Bureau.  Even if you are not a couple wishing marriage, you may
still contribute tax-deductible donations to the cause.  Donations should be
made to:  Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau or GLEA Foundation, P.O. Box 37083,
Honolulu, HI  96837  (808) 532-9000.  Donations are tax-deductible as the
GLEA Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) IRS determined non-profit tax-exempt
community service corporation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

HAWAII GAY MARRIAGE BUREAU
Same-Sex Couples Registry Form - As yet un-Married

Complete names of individuals that wish to be married:

Print clearly:  __________________________      _____________________________

Address (print clearly)______________________________     Tele #_____________

                                ______________________________

Signatures of spouses:_______________________   __________________________
 
				          Date: ____________              Date: _____________

Date you would like to be married:________________             

When legal in Hawaii? _________________________

Location of ceremony:______________ 

If you already have a licensed minister for the ceremony, please give name,
address and phone #:

Name   __________________________________     Telephone#_________________

Address: _______________________________	

	       ________________________________

Religious affiliation:___________________

Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau/GLEA Foundation    
P.O. Box 37083    Honolulu, HI  96837    (808) 532-9000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
HAWAII GAY MARRIAGE BUREAU
Same-Sex Couples Registry Form - Married

Complete names of individuals that were married:

Print clearly:     __________________________   _____________________________

Address (print clearly)______________________________     Tele #_____________

                                ______________________________

Signatures of spouses: _________________________  ________________________

				           Date: ____________                Date: _____________

Date of marriage ceremony:__________________  

Location of ceremony:_____________________________________

Licensed minister who performed ceremony:_________________________________

Address of minister/pastor: _______________________________   

				                _______________________________

Telephone#_____________

Religious affiliation (if
any):________________________________________________

Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau/GLEA Foundation
P.O. Box 37083    Honolulu, HI  96837    (808) 532-9000

____________________________________________________________________

HAWAII GAY MARRIAGE BUREAU
Same-Sex Marriage Registry & Referral Form - Licensed Ministry

Minister/pastor’s Name (Print Clearly):
  ________________________________________

Address:  _________________________     Telephone#_______________________

	         _________________________     

Religious affiliation:___________________

State licensed in: ___________________  

 Valid marriage license # ___________________  
				
Valid marriage license until: (date license expires)
___________________________

Please indicate type(s) of marriage ceremony that you may be willing to
perform:

           Private ceremony            In church building
            Recognized by church

Comments: __________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________

Signature: _____________________________________ Date:___________________

Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau 
GLEA Foundation    P.O. Box 37083   Honolulu, HI  96837  (808) 532-9000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

HAWAII GAY MARRIAGE BUREAU
Same-Sex Marriage Registry & Referral Form - Marriage Industry Business

Name of Business that provides services for same-sex marriages: PRINT CLEARLY

__________________________________________________________________

DATE:_______________

Address: _______________________________    Telephone#___________________

	     _______________________________    

Describe service(s) offered to those seeking same-sex marriages: PRINT
CLEARLY:

______________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________

Comments: __________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________

Authorized Signature for Business: ____________________________________

                                                  Date:____________________

Print name of authorized signature: ____________________________________

Title: _____________________________

Hawaii Gay Marriage Bureau/GLEA Foundation   
P.O. Box 37083   Honolulu, HI  96837  (808) 532-9000