Subject: Aloha Tennis Open 2000 Volunteers Needed (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:02:05 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:39:38 -1000
From: Susan B Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Aloha Tennis Open 2000 Volunteers Needed (fwd)

Can you please forward. This is the gay tennis tournament in Honolulu, on
the UH-Manoa campus. This is year five an going strong.

Subject: Aloha Tennis Open 2000 Volunteers Needed

Happy New Year! 

Aloha Tennis Open 2000 is getting closer and we're looking for volunteers to 
help make sure that everything runs smoothly.  

Volunteers Needed
If you or a friend have some time and effort you would be able to provide 
please let me or Herbie know ASAP.  We have coordinators for some of the more 
difficult tasks but do need helping hands (like setup and breakdown for 
instance).  Please, take a look at the list below and see how you can help.

Volunteer Categories

    Play Site Setup/Breakdown   Hoku Aiku and Herbie’s Parents 
    Medical                     Michael Frye and Michele Littlejohn
    Massage                     TBD
    Registration Desk               Rory  Shimogukuro and Rob Harrell
    Tournament Desk             Rory, Rob, and Herbie’s Parents
    Tournament Food/Beverages   Warren Wong
    Tournament Book Ad Space        Frank Beaudet, John Kubisty 
    Raffle                          John Kubisty
    Souvenir Pictures               John Kubisty, Jerry Ferguson, Kei Morita
    Selling Raffle Tickets          John Kubisty
    Lei Greeters at Banquet     TBD
    Hula/Music at Banquet           Warren Wong

Club Fund Raiser
We are also looking for items to add to the Tournament Raffle.  If you have 
contacts in the community for businesses, etc., that can donate items it 
would be great.  Please do ask!  You'll be surprised how willing they will be 
to give you things to support YOUR TENNIS CLUB.  Pickup the items and get 
them to me as soon as you can.  Some great things we already have:
 
$25 Travel Certificate from United Airlines for each player
Hula's MAI-Tai Coupon for each player
MAX's Gym Membership for each player during ATO 2000
MAX's Gym 6-month Workout Memberships (2) 
Inter-island Travel Certificates (2) from Hawaiian Islands

Tournament Booklet Ad Space
We are also looking for businesses that will advertise in our Tournament 
Booklet.  It is great exposure within our community for businesses and it 
helps the Club offset costs.  If you have a business or have personal 
contacts within businesses please ask if they would like to place an Ad.  If 
so, put them in contact with Frank Beaudet, who is doing the Booklet.   
Franks phone number is 842-7679 and his Email is [email-masked]   
Advertisers we already have:

Angles Waikiki
Hula's Bar and Lei Stand
Newt at the Royal

Aloha Tennis Open 2000
Tournament Booklet
Advertising Information

Full Page, 7.5" x 10"                                       $350.
Two-Thirds Page, Vertical or Horizontal            250.
Half Page, Horizontal Only                                180.
One-Third Page, Vertical or Horizontal              140.
One Quarter Page, 3.75" x 5"                           100.
Business Card                                                     45.

All ads (except Business Cards) must be provided in PC compatible
format (no MAC formatting) and sample hard copy.

Only Black and White printing is available.  
Full Page is 7.5" x 10".  
No Bleeds accepted.