Subject: "People Like Us" To Meet Jan 22 at 7 pm in The Center (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:42:45 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:20:53 -1000
From: Marriage Project Hawaii <[email-masked]>
Subject: "People Like Us" To Meet Jan 22 at 7 pm in The Center

 Ken Miller sent us the following announcement for forwarding to you.  For
 other events of this coming week (movie at the Art Academy, Dan Foley
 speaking at two different venues) check the "Events" page of the Marriage
 Project Hawaii website:  http://members.tripod.com/~MPHAWAII/

Tom Ramsey
treasurer, Marriage Project Hawaii

P.eople L.ike U.s
 a Coalition of Hawaiian Transgender, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Straight
 friends

 On December 9th, 1999, the Hawaii State Supreme Court ruled that the LGTB
 Community was truly second class citizens.  A group of concern citizens
 from our community are coming together to form a project called P.eople
 L.ike U.s a Coalition of Hawaiian Transgender, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and
 Straight friends whose mission will be to change that image. 

 Our goals will be to develop educational programs that will educate the
 TLGB Community as well as the boarder community about issues such as
 employment, housing, school programs, lifestyle, etc. that affect our
 Community.  Besides developing educational programs, we will be looking
 at creating a plan to address the inequalities we share under the law. 

 All are invited from our community to our initial meeting and assist in
 creating an organization that will be addressing our local issues.
 Anyone who has the desire, time and skills to give back and make positive
 change for our community and its future are needed and welcome.  The
 first meeting for P.L.U. will be on January 22, 2000 from 7 to 9 p.m. at
 The Center (located at 2424 Beretania Street).  If you need more
 information, you can call The Center at 951-7000 or Ken Miller at
 263-9391.