Subject: TIME IS SHORT! ACT AGAIN! (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:27:52 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 21:31:31 -1000
From: Friends of Marriage Project Hawaii <[email-masked]>
Subject: TIME IS SHORT!  ACT AGAIN!

        We are up against a March 9 deadline for getting the House or the
Senate to pass a first draft of new domestic partnership rights.  PLEASE
MAINTAIN WEEKLY CONTACT AND DIALOGUE WITH YOUR LEGISLATORS!

      Ask them to support full domestic partnership rights.  There is an
ideal bill in the House, HB 884, authored by Ed Case of Manoa.  You can
obtain a copy of it at http://www.hawaii.gov

         In the Senate Matt Matsunaga has introduced SB 3176 to provide
insurance benefits for reciprocal beneficiaries of state employees.  (These
benefits were supposed to be granted back in July, 1997, for a trial two
year period, but Attorney General Bronster refused to defend them in court
and opined to the contrary----about 60 couples had to pay back thousands of
dollars in health benefits that Bronster retroactively denied).  Please
urge Senators to support these insurance benefits and ask them to copy Ed
Case's bill.  See http://members.tripod.com/~MPHAWAII/ for a news story
about the Matsunaga bill and a link to the full text.

        To learn who your legislators are, call the Office of Elections,
453-8683 (this is part of the Lt. Governor's Office), or reply to this
message with your home address (Number, Street, Apt, City, Zip)

        ACT NOW!   ACT NOW!   ACT NOW!

Tom Ramsey
President, Friends of Marriage Project Hawaii

===============================================================================

From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Subject: CALL TO ACTION! (fwd)
Date:   Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:23:09 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:56:55 -1000
From: Marriage Project Hawaii <[email-masked]>
Subject: CALL TO ACTION!

         What to do with the Hawaii legislature this year?   ASK YOUR
 LEGISLATORS FOR FULL DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP RIGHTS.  Dan Foley will brief
 us on what's happened so far and what's coming up soon.  The briefing is
 4- 6 pm, Sunday, Jan. 23 at THE CENTER (2424 S. Beretania St).

         The Center is near the corner of Eisenberg and S. Beretania (near
 Anna Banana's in Moiliili).  Parking is available next door in a vacant
 lot which is AT the corner of Eisenberg and S. Beretania.

        Light refreshments will be served.

With best regards,

Tom Ramsey
treasurer, Marriage Project HI