Subject: What someone wrote to Hawaii's Senators - YOU CAN TOO!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 18:22:06 -0500 (EST)

Aloha Folks,

We are in full swing doing what we can.  Please consider what Roger (below)
did - sent letters to the Senate Conferrees who have been supporting fair and
equal rights.  The email addresses for the Senators are at the top of the
letter.  Please CC copies to [email-masked] so we can add them to our
archives and our other efforts to combat discrimination and a possible
constitutional amendment against us.

***

Subj:	Stand Firm for Equal Rights... PLEASE!

From:	[email-masked]
To:	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]

                                            April 2, 1997

Matt Matsunaga                        
p-586-7100
f-586-7109
email  [email-masked]

Avery Chumbley                          
p-586-6030
f-586-6031
email  [email-masked]

Mike McCartney                          
p-586-6910
f-586-6909
email  [email-masked]

Wayne Metcalf                          
p-586-6900                          
f-586-6869
email  [email-masked]

Dear Sirs:

I am contacting you on behalf of gays and lesbians in this United States of 
America.  It has come to our attention that there are anti-gay lobbying
groups 
and individuals who are currently trying to place great pressure on you to 
thwart Hawaii's attempt to recognize ALL U.S. citizens as equal under the
law, 
via the passing of same-gender marriage legislation.

I, along with countless others in this country, would like you to be aware 
that we are opposed to any constitutional amendment which would deprive
any individual of civil rights, offend the Bill of Rights, or impose one 
religious vision of marriage on everyone.  We urge you to give gay and 
lesbian couples the exact same legal protections currently afforded to 
heterosexual couples.  All of Hawaii's residents should be treated with 
dignity, respect and 100% equality, as should all those residing in the most 
progressive, free nation on the face of the Earth.

Our thanks and support for your continuing efforts to ensure the dignity and 
equality of ALL mankind.

Sincerely,

 Roger S. Nelms
 Atlanta, Georgia
 United States of America