Subject: Free Chrylser Poll of Ellen and Pulling their Ads
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:56:36 -0400 (EDT)

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY

Express your opinion by doing the following during 8am to 5pm M-F. 

        Chrysler Corporation has decided not to run advertisements during the
April 30 television episode of "Ellen." However, they are taking a
poll on what the public thinks they should do regarding CONTINUING
sponsorship of the show. You can call to let them know that you think
they SHOULD RETAIN THEIR SPONSORSHIP, simply by dialing
1-800-992-1997.~

         When you get through, go through the first list of options (party's
ext. #, etc.) and stay on the line "for an operator." You will then be
offered another list of options - press 1 for their Media/PR line; 2
for their "Ellen" line; and finally 2 to DISAGREE with withdrawal of
sponsorship from the show.~

You don't talk at any time, your vote is recorded when you press the
second 2. It's EASY, FAST and FREE.~

Let's do our part because the conservatives are calling in too!~

Here's the procedure again:~

Dial 1-800-992-1997~
Stay on line for second list of options~
Press 1 for Media/PR line~
Press 2 for "Ellen" survey~
Press 2 to disagree with withdrawing sponsorship.~