Subject: *M*: h.e.r.m.p addresses
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 96 08:42:53 HST

h.e.r.m.p activists have created 3 separate organizations to conduct the
campaign for marriage.  This separation according to function and tax
status is standard, and practiced by organizations such as the Sierra
Club, NGLTF, etc:

    a)  h.e.r.m.p, TAX DEDUCTIBLE education and legal work, whose chief
        responsibility is the court case Baehr v. Miike (resuming this
        summer/fall in Honolulu Circuit Court, and dealing currently with
        legal challenges from Jay Sekulow of Pat Robertson's and Randal
        Terry's organizations)

    b)  Friends of h.e.r.m.p, NON TAX-DEDUCTIBLE advocacy on legislative
        and election issues, chiefly paid media

    c)  The Equality Fund, a registered political action committee, to
        suppport election campaigns; contribution sources are filed with
        state authorities who govern political action committees and are
        public record, so such contributions cannot be guaranteed
        confidentiality

    The three groups work well together.  If you inadvertently mail to the
wrong address, the check will be delivered correctly anyway.  The addresses
are   
    1521 Alexander St., #503
    Honolulu, HI 96822  
    (for h.e.r.m.p and The Equality Fund)

    P.O.Box 11690
    Honolulu, HI 96828
    (for Friends of h.e.r.m.p)

Since money which is NOT tax deductible is nearly impossible to raise,
if you don't care about a tax deduction, please consider the two non-
tax deductible organizations.  Moreover, if you're not afraid of being
outed to the world, consider the Equality Fund.

						Best Regards,

						Tom Ramsey
						h.e.r.m.p Co-Coordinator

******************************************************************************
* To subscribe to MARRIAGE, send mail to:      [email-masked]      *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe marriage      *
* To unsubscribe to MARRIAGE, send mail to:   [email-masked]       *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe marriage      *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                              *
******************************************************************************