Subject: Steven Covey Conferences - Alert Requeest - Redistribution Requested
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 00:25:55 EST

Aloha Folks,

Need to call upon you all again to seek out some very important information.
Article below gives some information about Steven Covey and political action
committee work he did here.

I am sure that he and his parent company now regrets his political action
statements here in a conference and dinner back in November that raised over
$98,000 "Save Traditional Marriage '98".  However, it appears in the
organiztion's campaign spending file that he may have donated his time which
could have been very valuable in conducting a workshop.

I need to ask you or anyone you might know who would have soem specific
information to contact me.

The question that needs answering is:

How much does Steven Covey and his company usually charge to conduct a
workshop like the one he conducted here.  The actual dollar amount from prior
experience would be greatly appreciated.  

If you participated in such a workshop - who sponsored it and can I get name
and contact information for the sponsoring organization. (dates of the event
and scopte of the event would also be appreciated.

If you work for a large company that would have been likely to contract for
their workshops, would you please check with your training office and see if
they work with him.  

Will sincerely appreciate any information along this line.

Do Good,

William E. Woods, MPH

PS  This is for research being done on their campaign spending report.
Complaint/violation statement expected to be filed shortly.

THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
P.O. Box 867
Salt Lake City, UT 84110 
Fax 801-237-2022
[email-masked]
http://www.sltrib.com

FEBRUARY 4, 1998

COVEY REGRETS ATTENDANCE AT ANTI-GAY EVENT
By Patty Henetz

Stephen Covey, the Utah-based best-selling author, has apologized to several
businesses about his appearance at a $100-a-plate fund-raising event in
Hawai`i organized to oppose gay marriage. 

In letters dated Jan. 29, Franklin Covey vice-president and Covey spokesman
Greg Link told the companies that Covey's "appearance at the event was in
fact an unfortunate departure from our ongoing policy and we express our
regrets.  We especially regret that Dr. Covey's appearance at this event put
you and your organization in an uncomfortable position."

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]