Subject: Action Alert- Ltr to Ed. - Mormon Agenda Unfolding in Hawaii- Plse redistribute
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:45:10 EST

Aloha Folks,          (For redistribution and request for Information)

The following letter was sent as a letter to the editor for the THE SALT LAKE
TRIBUNE,P.O. Box 867.Salt Lake City, UT 84110 - Fax 801-237-2022, EMail:
[email-masked] as a response to the Steve Covey political action
fundraiser in Honolulu last month.  Article at end

I hope you will see the merit in the issues and help us all out at least two
ways.  
1.  Let me know which papers (preferably with date and email address) that a
similar article was written that I can modify and send similar letter so that
public who reads that article see an additional view of the political efforts
prmoting the Mormon Agenda attempting to control our govenment and political
activities.
2.  Encourage you to write letters and to contact papers to help get these
concerns out where more good can take place.

Do good,

William E. Woods, MPH

Dear Editor,

The recent article indicating "regrets" by Steven Covey and that "he shouldn't
have been there [political action events in Honolulu],' is not only
unacceptable, but exacerbates the situation by denying his contributions worth
thousands of dollars to the planning and work of the political fund-raiser.

Steve Covey who charges $80,000 for a keynote address lied to press and
national organizations covering the event that he would not make any political
pronouncements at the event even though it was advertised as a political fund-
raiser and all proceeds went to the political action to change Hawaii's state
constitution and to support Mormon and other political candidates here.

Covey's speaking engagement coordinator stated that Covey's schedule is
planned seven months in advance, thus he must have made his plans far in
advance plans to conduct and participate in the political events.

It is absolutely clear that his actions and the Mormon leadership developing
their influence on Hawaii's State government is the same kind of behavior of
manipulation of their political action on "freedom of the presses" in Illinois
that caught them destroying printing presses, operating their religious
militia and their subsequent Nauvoo middle of the night departure in the
1800's to escape further criminal charges for crimes against the state.

Their leaders has already been charged with treason before mob-action raided
the Carthage Illinois jail-house and killed before the trial.

Hawaii is experiencing the same Mormon conspiracy to transmit the Mormon
Agenda to political and economic control of our government.  As more and more
will be reported on the actions and behavior of this group, be aware Mormon
leadership in Hawaii will be at the fore of more and more abuses of political
action efforts.

Sincerely,

William E. Woods, MPH
GLEA Foundation - Executive Director
(Gay and Lesbian Education and Advocacy) Foundation
Initiators of the Hawaii same-sex lawsuit.

My bio sketch is provided to show my involvement and concern for the article
that appeared in your publication.

If you wish more information contact me at (808) 537-2000 (do not publish).

William E. Woods, MPH
“Father of Legalized Gay Marriage”

	William E. Woods, MPH has been referred to as “The father of Hawaii’s Gay
rights movement” and “the person most responsible for putting Gay marriage on
the local and national Gay rights agenda.”*  He began civil rights work in
Hawaii in 1972; founded and was the Executive Director for 17 years of what is
now known as the Gay and Lesbian Community Center; and was founder and
Executive Director of the GLEA Foundation since 1990.
	Woods has a bachelors in psychology and a masters in public health
administration and planning - both from the University of Hawaii.  He gained
his masters from the UH School of Public Health 1980.  His oral presentation
for that degree was: “Gay Rights as a  Public Health Issue.”
	Woods is past-president 1986-1988 (two terms) of the UH School of Public
Health Alumni Association. He was responsible for establishing the association
as the only non-profit tax-exempt alumni association at the University of
Hawaii and initiated its scholarship program.
	Woods was Hawaii’s first male member of the Hawaii Federation of Business and
Professional Women’s Club (HBPWC) and served two terms as the President of
its Waikiki Chapter.
	Woods was designated as Outstanding Young Man in America by the US JAYCEES in
1984 for his outstanding sup-port for social, health and civil rights causes.

* References/quotes from national radio and television broadcasts and
publications. “Out” magazine article of December 1994 by Michelangelo
Signorile.

** Article

THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

FEBRUARY 4, 1998

COVEY REGRETS ATTENDANCE AT ANTI-GAY EVENT
By Patty Henetz

Stephen Covey, the Utah-based best-selling author, has apologized to several
businesses about his appearance at a $100-a-plate fund-raising event in
Hawai`i organized to oppose gay marriage. 

In letters dated Jan. 29, Franklin Covey vice-president and Covey spokesman
Greg Link told the companies that Covey's "appearance at the event was in
fact an unfortunate departure from our ongoing policy and we express our
regrets.  We especially regret that Dr. Covey's appearance at this event put
you and your organization in an uncomfortable position."