Subject: RAINBOW CONCERT NAMES MARTIN AS TALENT DIRECTOR
From: "Shelly Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:40:26 +0000

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

For Details, Contact: Karen Snyder
Rainbow Celebration Company
Phone (404) 377-4404
For Release 9 a.m. EDT April 27, 1999

RAINBOW CONCERT BOOKS MARTIN AS TALENT DIRECTOR

"Tam Martin is the best GLBT booking agent on the planet." Says 
Rainbow Celebration Concert President, Shelly Roberts. "We're 
thrilled to have her with us."

Atlanta, April 16, 1999: 

The Rainbow Celebration Concert, set for Atlanta on October 13-15th,
2000, today announced the addition of Tam Martin as Director of Talent
for the glbt/ally extravaganza.

"Tam has vast experience booking large Rainbow Community events," said
Karen Snyder, Co-Executive Producer for the concert. "She  did the
booking for the main stages at both the 1987 and the 1993 Marches on
Washington. And she's working on the stage for the upcoming Millennium
March in Washington in February, 2000. We're thrilled to have her
involvement." 

Martin worked for Olivia Records as a publicist/booking agent from
1982 to 1986 before founding her own company, Beachfront
Bookings/Productions in 1987. She has produced over 60 events
including concerts, lectures, conferences, seminars, festivals and
political fund raising dinners. She has served two terms on the
Steering Committee for AWMAC (The Association of Women's Music &
Culture). She has been on the Board of Advisors for The Rainbow
Celebration Concert since just after its inception.

Martin steps up to the position of Director of Talent, and onto the
concert's Executive Board. Martin will be the key contact for any glbt
performer, troupe, company or ally wishing to participate. 

She can be reached via email at [email-masked]. Or at Beachfront
Bookings P.O. Box 13218, Portland, OR 97213-0218.

Initial selections for the Concert line-up will be made in late 1999,
with final selections scheduled for Spring, 2000. Final line up will
be decided by a select committee composed of performers, music
business and publishing people, and senior concert staff. 

The Rainbow Celebration Concert will be the largest glbt live musical
event ever staged, being held over three days outdoors in one of
Atlanta's extraordinary green spaces, and in all available indoor
venues, and with a spectacular Grand Finale currently slated  to take
place in the Georgia Dome.