Subject: October Celebration Concert
From: "Shelly Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:47:21 +0000

IMMEDIATE RELEASE:			                      
Contact: Karen Snyder - 404.377.4404 
DISTRIBUTE WIDELY					  

April 12, 1999

THE RAINBOW CELEBRATION CONCERT
OCTOBER 13-15, 2000 - ATLANTA

The nationwide Rainbow Celebration Concert, scheduled for October 13th
-15th , 2000, will be the largest gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender
live musical event ever staged. It will deliver 500,000 national
rainbow community members, their friends, family and allies, to
Atlanta's Piedmont Park and all available outlying venues for
unprecedented, historic three days of non-political music, culture and
celebration.

The Rainbow Celebration Concert will serve as a demarcation point for
the entire spectrum of rainbow community members to pause and
celebrate the most successful civil rights movement in history. The
concert will also feature the full spectrum of invited rainbow
performers from mainstream headliners like Melissa Etheridge, kd lang,
Janis Ian, Indigo Girls, Sir Elton John and others, to exciting
newcomers who are just beginning their long career climbs. In between,
the concert will feature hundreds of top glbt performers who have
dedicated their careers to serving their own communities. Performers
like Suzanne Westenhoefer, Jamie Anderson, Kate Clinton, Romanovsky &
Phillips, Sonia of Disappear Fear, GLAMA award winners Tom Robinson,
Catie Curtis and Jeff Krasner. The lineup already includes more than
150 recognized glbt performers and the list grows longer every day. In
addition, recognized allies and supporter performers will be invited
to grace the multiple outdoor stages planned for the park or Atlanta's
larger venues. Allies like Garth Brooks, whose open support of his
lesbian sister has made a significant contribution to the greater
well-being of the entire community. And Cher, whose very public
support for her lesbian daughter, Chastity, has created a role model
for all parents of rainbow community members. The list of invited,
prominent allies is a long one.

The Rainbow Celebration Concert is receiving special support and
assistance  from the office of Atlanta's Mayor, Bill Campbell, with
focused attention from Assistant to the Mayor, Phillip McDonald, who
can be reached for confirmation at 404-330-6235. The Rainbow
Celebration Concert will be a sanctioned event as part of the official
Atlanta2000 calendar, listing all celebration events surrounding the
millennium shift.

The Concert is being produced by The Rainbow Celebration Company,
Inc., a Delaware corporation, which was specially formed by
best-selling lesbian author, and longtime internationally syndicated
columnist, Shelly Roberts. Roberts has declared that the concert will
be a one-time only extravaganza celebration of glbt culture and
entertainment, and that it will be a specifically non-political event.
"This is a wonderful time to celebrate what we did in a decade. In
Concert!" Roberts explains when queried, eyes alight with the
enthusiasm she so obviously feels full force for the task at hand. 

"We came together in adversity, and now our apparent success, and lack
of meaningful enemy, has often caused us to take each other on. I
think it's time to stop for a couple of days, breathe, and realize
just how far we've come, and acknowledge the enormous work, and lives
put on the line on our behalf, that went into getting us here. So I've
invited the entire national and international community to come to
Atlanta to listen to our music, honor our performers, and to share the
wonderful positive results and good feelings. To celebrate the
Rainbow. The response so far from the local community, the national
community, the performers, the corporate sponsors, allies and
supporters has been overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic.
Heartening, but not surprising. Our local and national Boards of
Advisors reads like a "Who's  Who" of the Rainbow and Ally
Communities. People want permission to celebrate the good stuff."

Roberts has gained the respect and recognition of the worldwide
community through her funny, positive-attitude perspective, as
conveyed in her "Roberts' Rules" biweekly column which reaches an
estimated 1 million readers worldwide, and her best-selling Rules of
Lesbians book series. "If anyone call pull this community together and
pull this off, it's Roberts." Says Phillip Rafshoon, Owner of
Outwrite, Atlanta's largest GLBT bookstore where her books regularly
sell out.

The Rainbow Celebration Company is currently in negotiations with
Chuck Gayton of Gayton & Partners Productions, Los Angeles,
California, to serve as producer of the Rainbow Concert Grand Finale
which is scheduled for Sunday evening, October 15th, in the Georgia
Dome. Mr. Gayton is the producer of, among other things, the
Gisbourne2000 celebration, the first International Millennium
celebration to take place as the clock hand clicks past the 12 on
January 1st, 2000. Gayton and Partners were responsible for packaging
and producing "The Three Tenors" concert, and its subsequent  sale to
WarnerVision Entertainment as a television program.

-30-

For further information, please contact Karen Snyder, VP, Co-Executive
Producer at The Rainbow Celebration Company, 1293 Harvard Rd.,
Atlanta, GA 30306. Phone 404-377-4404