Subject: Counter to "The Gay Agenda" video - VOF
From: [email-masked] (Scott Sage)
Date: 17 Aug 1994 19:04:50 -0400

***********************************************************************

        PRESS RELEASE

***********************************************************************
For Immediate Release 8/16/94

VIDEO TO INFORM LEGISLATORS ON GAY RIGHTS ISSUES

A committee of Atlanta-area media professionals has begun producing a
short videotape to educate Georgia legislators on discrimination and civil
rights issues affecting their gay and lesbian constituents.  The videotape
will be distributed to lawmakers during the January, 1995 legislative
session.

 Voices Out Front, an Atlanta-based organization of lesbian and gay media
professionals, is producing the video with volunteer assistance from its
members.  Developed as a response to "The Gay Agenda," a controversial and
influential videotape produced by a small, conservative California church,
the Voices Out Front video will use a "myth versus reality" format to
counter misinformation.

"It's essential that the voices of bigotry are not the only voices our
legislators hear," VOF steering committee member Louis Rodriguez
explained.

 "Many of these people perceive equal rights for gay citizens as something
alien to their districts.  In showing a broad cross-section of lesbian and
gay Georgians from across the state, we hope to show politicians that our
issues are universal and that discrimination is real, unjust and
inexcusable."

Voices Out Front is currently seeking people to interview for this
project.

 Subjects of particular interest include couples who have been together
for over twenty years, lesbians and gay men who have suffered workplace or
housing discrimination, victims of hate crimes, persons discriminated
against in adoption/child custody proceedings, and young people who were
harassed as gay teenagers.  Voices Out Front may be reached at (404)
734-2473 or at 2103 N. Decatur Rd., Suite 185 Decatur, GA 30033

#     #     #

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Voices Out Front is an Atlanta-based organization of lesbian and gay media
professionals.  With members ranging from producers, writers and
cinematographers to on-air talent, graphic artists and businessowners
serving the media industry, Voices Out Front is a project-oriented group
involved in both volunteer and for-profit media productions.  Voices Out
Front was formed in 1993 and currently has over forty members.  Meetings
are held monthly and are open to media professionals interested in the
organization.

PRESS CONTACT:
Joan Karpeles (404) 325-9225
Internet contact: [email-masked]  & [email-masked]

--
And the Thought of the Moment (tm) is...

A candidate is a person who gets money from the rich and votes from the
poor to protect them from each other.