From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 94 12:28:37 EDT

1734 14th Street, NW Washington, DC  20009
(202) 332-6483  t  (202) 332-0207 fax  t  (202) 332-6219 TTY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 6, 1994

  Contacts:Jon-Ivan Weaver(404) 876-5092 w
 (404) 248-9448 h
      Pat Hussain       (404) 244-8649

    David M. Smith   (202) 332-6483 ext. 3309 (800)757-7736 pager        [email-masked]
    Robin Kane         (202) 332-6483 ext. 3311
       [email-masked]                                                      

OLYMPICS OUT OF COBB COALITION SPONSORS 
CANDLE  LIGHT VIGIL TO PROTEST COBB
COUNTY AS THE OLYMPIC VOLLEYBALL VENUE

WHAT:  CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL to protest Cobb County remaining as the site of the
volleyball venue for the 1996 Olympic Games.  The OLYMPICS OUT OF COBB
COALITION will sponsor this event to coincide with the visit of members of
the International Olympic Committee, including Committee President Juan
Antonio Samarach, who are scheduled to be in Atlanta, May 8 - 10. 

WHO: Lesbian and gay community speakers, and several hundred residents of
Atlanta
  
WHEN: Tuesday, May 10, 1994
  7:30 p.m.

WHERE: Woodruff Park (South end)
  Atlanta, Georgia
BACK- GROUND: Despite thousand of calls, faxes and letters of protest, the Atlanta
Committee for the Olympic Games (ACOG) still hasn't moved the volleyball
venue from Cobb County, where the board of Commissioners refuses to rescind a
resolution passed in August, 1993, that condemns what they term "the gay
lifestyle."