Subject: Press Release: Florida Black Pride Network Forming
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:33:29 EDT

FLORIDA BLACK PRIDE NETWORK FORMING
           Black Pride Celebration; Speaker's Series Planning Begins
           _______________________________________________________________
           Special Note:
           To join the Florida Black Pride Network email list send an 
email message
           to:     [email-masked] 

           For More Information email: [email-masked]
           ______________________________________________________________

           The newly formed Florida Black Pride Network is looking for 
members,
           supporters and volunteers. 

           The Network serves as an information and organizing hub for 
Florida's
           Black Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Communities.

           On the organizations agenda: 
           1) Create an annual Florida Black Pride event similar to DC, 
Chicago,
           Atlanta;

           2) Organize a statewide Speaker's Tour featuring nationally 
prominent
           activist, authors and entertainers;  

           3) Ensure the Black Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender 
Community has
           its own autonomous voice in the political arena. 

           4) Create more opportunities for socializing and supporting 
each other
           spiritually. 

           5) Build alliances with other people of color LGBT 
organizations

           Organizers are asking everyone to spread the word and 
encourages those
           interested in key organizing roles to step forward. 

           To join the Florida Black Pride Network email list send an 
email message
           to: 

               [email-masked] 

For more information, email [email-masked]
 mail to:  Florida Black Pride / c/o Equality Florida 1222 S. Dale Mabry 
Hwy #652 Tampa, FL 33629
(813) 253-5962.