Subject: Miami/Dade Needs Support - Circulate Alert (fwd)
From: A Jay Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:23:38 -0400 (EDT)

A Jay Eddy
[email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:58:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: A Jay Eddy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Miami/Dade Needs Support - Circulate Alert

Please circulate. Contact anyone willing and/or able to
attend this very important meeting. Write letters to
the attention of Dade the County Commission.  Times is of
the essence

Again Many thanks...

*********************************

June 28, 1997

Immediate Release - -  ALERT
Broward Log Cabin Club of Florida
P.O. Box 1281, Ft. Lauderdale, FL  33302
(954 ) 563-3626
Contact: Mof Warren, Pres

"Awareness Through Education-Responsibility Through Involvement"
***************************************************************

 STOP THE INTOLERANCE OF DADE'S EVANGELICAL POLITICAL ACTIVISTS

A coalition of intolerant South Floridian Fundamentalist and
Evangelical Political Activists would have you believe that non-
heterosexuals are not entitled to the same equality of rights
Biblical supremacists freely enjoy here and elsewhere across this
state and nation.

This June, Evangelical Political Activists (EPNs) seduced South
Florida's Dade County Commission and prevented any fair and
balanced discussion on the issue of a proposed County Human
Rights Ordinance which would include sexual orientation as a 
protected minority status.

Log Cabin Members in Dade and across South Florida were shocked
at this action which in reality affords "Freedom of Religion"  to
a majority but denies "Freedom From Religious Persecution," as a
guaranteed Constitutional right- to a targeted minority.

Log Cabin calls upon all of its members, friends, and supporters
to stand up and resist this camouflaged injustice and
intolerance. 

People who abide by and hold true to the essence of the "Golden
Rule" must come together at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 8th, and
say  " NO... Enough is Enough " to all forms of visible and 
subliminal hate.

If you believe that all Americans are entitled to the same
equality of rights, then join the friends of "SAVE DADE" on July
8th in the Commission Chambers located on 111 NW First Street, 
Miami, Florida.

Call your caring and concerned associates, friends, and
relatives Be there at 7 a.m. on Tuesday July 8th and join your
compassionate sisters and brothers from the Cosmopolitan
Community Center, Grace Church, Dignity Catholics, Veterans, etc.

Call SAVE hotline at (305) 751-SAVE for any necessary details.
Write the Dade County Commission today and inform them of your
concern.