Subject: KKK protest at Florida gay bar (fwd)
From: "Thomas W. Holt Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:55:45 -0500 (GMT-0500)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 12:07:04 -0500
From: Dionisio <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GLB-NEWS
     <[email-masked]>
Subject: KKK protest at Florida gay bar (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.gaynet
From: [email-masked]
Subject: KKK protest at Florida gay bar
Date: 20 Nov 1994 04:11:48 GMT
Organization: University of Florida - CIRCA

On Saturday, 19 November, members of the Ku Klux Klan staged a heated
protest in front of the Connections gay bar in downtown Ocala, Florida.
This was carried by the major network stations in this area:  WJCT-TV20 in
Gainesville, WESH-2 in Orlando, and WJXT-4 in Jacksonville.

The Klanspeople were protesting the fact that an adult bookstore owner was
recently hassled by the Ocala City Council (and others) when he tried to
open a branch of his bookstore in Ocala, yet, in the words of one
Klanspersonthing quoted on the air in an interview, "it is okay to let
these perverts (which he pronounced 'pre-verts') do the real thing right
here in downtown Ocala.