Subject: NYC DOMA Demo, Sept. 17 at 7PM - 23rd and Park
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 06:02:55 -0400

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    NYC DEMO Sept. 17 at 7PM - 23rd and Park
Date:    96-09-15 02:15:43 EDT
From:    Andyhumm

Michael --

The rest of the country is way ahead of the New York response, but the group
now called United for the Freedom to Marry is organizing a demo to protest
the DOMA vote and presidential signature on Tuesday, September 17 at 7 PM at
Clinton-Gore headquarters at 300 Park Avenue South at 23rd Street.  After
protesting there, a candlelight vigil will proceed to the office of pro-DOMA
Senator Alfonse D'Amato at 370 Seventh Avenue at 34th Street.

There's also a protest planned here by a new group called Gay and Lesbian
Advocates for Change against the Empire State Pride Agenda because they are
featuring the less-than-gay-friendly Mayor Rudy Giuliani as their welcoming
speaker at their annual dinner on October 3rd at 6:30 PM at the Grand Hyatt
near Grand Central Terminal.  Jesus Lebron and Brendan Fay are organizing the
action.

Andy