Subject: Gay GOP opposes Kolbe outing
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:52:29 -0400

(The following message was posted on the Gays & the Republicans board of AOL.
Please send responses to [email-masked].)

Subj:  Re:Kolbe outing release
Date:  96-08-02 03:59:23 EDT
From:  YRSpartan       

OUTING IS VINDICTIVE AND UNJUSTIFIED

The Stonewall Republicans Federation opposes these recent outings in no
uncertain terms.

Legislators who voted for DOMA  were mostly straight, some were even
previously supportive of the gay community and will continue to be supportive
of the gay community generally.

Outing Congressmen McCREARY AND KOLBE is vindictive because some are angry at
his vote. It is unjustified since equal punishment is not being leveled
against others who voted for DOMA.

Those who support outing have the constitutional right to take justice into
their own hands if they so wish.

Our position is just that we would not have done the same!!

Dr. Tom Stevens
National President
Stonewall Republicans Federation