Subject: ACTION ALERT: Gay Marriage and President Clinton
From: James Yorton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 15:19:53 -0500 (CDT)

[ submitted by [email-masked] ]

[ MODERATOR NOTE:  Remember, letters, calls and email which are courteous
and non-ranting will always be received better by the White House. 
Let the President know you are unhappy with him for saying he will sign
the anti-gay marriage federal legislation. ]

Although this day for action is already fading, I think we should continue to
flood the White House with email!

President Clinton's announcement on Monday that he opposes gay marriage on
the grounds that it would weaken the American family is a cynical betrayal
of his gay and lesbian supporters for the crass political purpose of
positioning himself as right of center.  The President obviously calculates
that we are expendable... and that we'll vote for him in November anyway.

LET'S SHOW HIM THAT WE WON'T BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED!  I propose that on
Friday, May 24, anybody who is offended by this betrayal send an e-mail
message to the President at:

[email-masked]

with the Subject line:  "Don't take me for granted!"  (so that it will be
obvious that there is an organized campaign).  If we send messages all at
once, we can send the even more powerful message that we're a consituency
that cannot be traded away.  If we manage to flood their server and shut it
down for the day... well, I guess we'll show just how many people are upset!

Please send this message to as many people as you can.  There's strength in
numbers!

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
_____________________________________________________________________________