Subject: DC Council Election Update
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 15:17:37 -0400 (EDT)

I got trounced...

Yes I made AIDS an issue, discussed issues that wouldn't have been discussed,
like drug treatment on demand, Gay and Lesbian civil rights, medical
marijuana, the fact that 100,000 Washingtonians have no health care, the life
expectancy of women is 8 years less than the national average---for men it's
10 years,  that if the DC government wants to reduce crime---it must restore
drug treatment programs, met new people, learned a lot--- like that
middle-class white liberals  care more about the value of their condo unit
than the fact that DC women have the highest mortality rate for breast cancer
in the nation... those same middle class "liberals" are more concerned about
arresting the poor, hungry and the homeless under silly "zero tolerance" laws
 than they are social justice, AIDS, health care---and that the bureaucrats
than run AIDS organizations care more about their paychecks than the people
that they were hired to serve---

but I still got trounced...

Steve Michael
AIDS Cure Party